by Kate77 Investigator
Investigator

Mobile data not working on iPhone 5 with new sim card

I bought a new SIM card for my iPhone 5. My 3g and 4g are no longer working as the phone says 'could not activate mobile data or use wifi to access data'. The phone must be unlocked as I've phoned it and it rang with the new SIM card. Any ideas how to get my mobile data working guys?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: New SIM card inserted but no 4g available on iPhone 5

@Kate77   Where did this iPhone come from ?  What network has it been used on before?  Have you deleted any profiles that might be on the device? You’ll find these in Settings>General>Profile. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Kate77 Investigator
Investigator

New SIM card inserted but no 4g available on iPhone 5

I bought a new SIM card for my iPhone 5. My 3g and 4g are no longer working as the phone says 'could not activate mobile data or use wifi to access data'. The phone must be unlocked as I've phoned it and it rang with the new SIM card. Any ideas how to get my mobile data working guys?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Kate77   Where did this iPhone come from ?  What network has it been used on before?  Have you deleted any profiles that might be on the device? You’ll find these in Settings>General>Profile. 

by Kate77 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help. I’ve deleted the old profile and we’re up and running - I’d never have thought of that! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got the help you needed from the community @Kate77

Have a great day 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.