by MarieMichelle Investigator
Investigator

Mobile data isn't working

The last week or so my mobile data has just stopped working. Wi-Fi works fine. The little 4G symbol is there with the up and down arrows flashing so it looks like there's data being downloaded and uploaded but I can't load webpages / refresh Facebook or Snapchat etc. 

Have tried turning phone on and off, checking mobile data is enabled and had a go at doing the internet settings but nothing is working.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Mobile data isn't working

@MarieMichelle

Can you try downloading your Internet settings again just to ensure we rule out any apn settings issues.

Have you also logged into your online account/app to ensure you still have some data remaining on your tariff? (you can also send a free txt "ba" to 150 and it will tell you) Can you also make sure the mobile data icon is active on the shortcut page.

Snapchat is a bit hit and miss on EE as other people have posted about issues with this app. I don't know if EE have fixed this issue.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
9 REPLIES 9
Investigator

Mobile data isn't working

The last week or so my mobile data has just stopped working. Wi-Fi works fine. The little 4G symbol is there with the up and down arrows flashing so it looks like there's data being downloaded and uploaded but I can't load webpages / refresh Facebook or Snapchat etc. 

Have tried turning phone on and off, checking mobile data is enabled and had a go at doing the internet settings but nothing is working 😣😣

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi,

It could be one of many reasons.

• What phone do you have?
  • Does this problem happen in only one location
  • Are you in a good signal area?
  • Are you on EE, Tmobile or Orange?
  • Are you on PAYG or pay monthly contract?

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

Investigator

Hi

It's a galaxy S7. Pay monthly. It happens everywhere and the signal is good in those places (has worked fine up until the last week or so). Also on EE. I have enough data left as well. Only used about 0.7GB out of a 2GB monthly plan.

Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@MarieMichelle

Can you try downloading your Internet settings again just to ensure we rule out any apn settings issues.

Have you also logged into your online account/app to ensure you still have some data remaining on your tariff? (you can also send a free txt "ba" to 150 and it will tell you) Can you also make sure the mobile data icon is active on the shortcut page.

Snapchat is a bit hit and miss on EE as other people have posted about issues with this app. I don't know if EE have fixed this issue.

Thanks,

Investigator

Hi 

I checked on myEE (after a lot of faffing trying to find the right page) and it says I only have 1GB of data on my plan and it's all used up! However on my phone settings it's says I have 2GB of data and only used a small amount of it. Thanks for the help. Better take it into the shop and try to figure things out 

Ta x

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@MarieMichelle

You can also call 150 as the call is free on pay monthly tariffs. It saves going into store.

Thanks,

by
EE Employee

Hi @MarieMichelle and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, you mention your phone settings says you have 2GB, which settings are these?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi

I played around with them and managed to sort that out myself in the end. I thought I marked this as solved? Am I going to keep getting people commenting on this?

It's solved people! No more commenting thank you 

by
EE Employee

Hi @MarieMichelle 

I was trying to assist with the missing data that you have mentioned in regards to it showing 1GB and you thinking you had 2GB.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.