by Luisornelas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Mobile data doesn't work properly after I upgraded for a new contract and new ed

After I upgraded for a new contract and new device my data doesn't work properly. This only started the after my new contract started. Went to EE shop and they exchange my new phone and gave me a new SIM card. And still I have the problem with mobile data

37 REPLIES 37
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Mobile data doesn't work properly after I upgraded for a new contract and ne

Hi,. @Luisornelas

What is make and model of your phone.?

And what issue you facing with your Data.?

Many Thanks 

Established Contributor

Re: Mobile data doesn't work properly after I upgraded for a new contract and ne

Samsung Galaxy S8. I bought the phone on the 29 April. The mobile data was working perfectly. But on 9 may the new started. That was when the problem started. I switch the data on and try to use amazon App or Google Chrome,  or ee app and says that there's no signal. And the data is on. 

Established Contributor

Data only works,  when it wants.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,. 

Have you try to network resettings? 

And also please click here Network Status Checker

If any work going on your area. 

Many Thanks 

Established Contributor

Yes I already tried that. There's no work in my area. The problem started since I upgraded. 

Established Contributor

It not in one area that this happen. Everywhere I go, it the same thing. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

Sorry @Luisornelas

You need Get in Touch with EE technical team. 

Live chat and calling option will be available 8:00am 

Many Thanks 

Established Contributor

OK thank u for your help and advice. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Luisornelas

It's OK hopefully technical team will Help you in this situation. 

Please let us know when it sort out for you. 

Many Thanks 

by
EE Employee

Hello @Luisornelas

Pop back and let us know how it goes after speaking to tech.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

Still with the same problem after speaking with ee tech

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@Luisornelas

Sorry to hear that what was there findings.

Many Thanks 

Established Contributor

They can see that my data works and stops with no reason. They still don't know if the problem is also the phone. But this is the second one I have because they exchange the one I original purchase on EE Shop. 😑😑. But i still have time from the 30 days to exchange it again... My bill is paid and I can't use it normally... 😑😑😑😑

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Luisornelas   If this is the 2nd device with the same issue then it's not a faulty device.    Have you reset the phone to factory settings don't change anything and see how that goes. 

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Luisornelas

Just a quick question did you restore this device from a previous backup?

As @Chris_B advised if it's the same with a second device it'll not be a device issue.

Did tech do a network refresh for you?

Established Contributor

The tech team send me a text saying that they updated my settings,  and that a needed to turn on the phone. But the problem is still there. I used smart switch. The weird thing is that connected to wireless there's no problem. All works perfectly. 

by
EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @Luisornelas

Can you try putting the phone into safe mode and see if you can access data.

Let me know what happens!

Established Contributor

I tried that and it works .but I never know when I can use my data, because the 4g is on and I can't use it.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Luisornelas

It's not a device issue then - it's something on your phone from the backup that is causing the issue.

You'll need to factory reset your phone and set up a new device.

Once you've done this you can gradually restore your apps/content - this will help discover what is causing the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions