by robash Investigator
Investigator

Mobile data boost for existing broadband customer

Hi EE community,

I'm after a definitive answer on this as it's not totally clear from the info on the website or from other community topics. I'm an existing EE fibre broadband customer and would like to know if I'd be eligible for the 5GB data boost if I took out a new 12-month SIM package - I'm out of contract soon with my existing mobile provider and looking to change providers.

The shop page suggests the data boost is for existing mobile customers taking out a new broadband package from EE, but the help page suggests it's also for existing broadband customers, though there it only talks about upgrading to a monthly phone plan or 12-mont [sic] SIM package:

If I’m already a broadband customer, can I still get a boost?

Yes, you'll get the boost automatically when you sign up for one of our new broadband or 4GEE Home broadband  packages. Or alternatively, if you weren’t on a monthly phone plan or 12-mont SIM package and upgrade your mobile contract to one of these, we’ll also add data boost onto your account. To discuss your options about joining EE Broadband, just give us a call.

We’re also giving the boost to some of our existing home broadband customers with an eligible mobile account, so keep an eye out for a text from EE.

Would be grateful if someone from EE could clarify whether the data boost applies to existing broadband customers taking out new mobile contracts.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mobile data boost for existing broadband customer

@robash  I highly recommend you call customer services and ask as at present don’t have a number to apply the 5GB discount too. And you’ll need to do just that.  You’ll probably find it can be added once your a EE Mobile customer.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @robash.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you taken the 12 month package already?

If you contact our sales team they will be able to let you know if this can be added at the point of purchase.

Jon

by robash Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Jon_K, not as yet. Looking to do so over the next couple of days and weighing up my options, with the data boost being a factor in whether I go with EE. I'll give sales a call.

Thanks also @Chris_B.

by

Let us know how you get on @robash 🙂

Jon

by robash Investigator
Investigator

No problem @Jon_K. Just to confirm what I was told, if I order the SIM over the phone and the sales rep can verify that I'm an EE broadband customer then they'll apply the data boost there and then.

by

That's right @robash 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.