by MattMoo
Explorer

Mobile Data Issues (Galaxy S6)

Hi! I'll try and make this brief.

Quite often when I use my mobile data on my phone, I able to connect to a 4G network and have the symbol showing I am connected but seem unable to actually use the internet. Apps such as BBC News and Spotify all give me similar messages saying, ''There was a problem connecting etc Please try again...' yet I am connected to a network just fine. Usually, when this occurs I get the, "Something's gone wrong. It's our fault. We're trying to fix it", message on the EE app and have to wait for a while until my mobile data is once again somewhat usable.

Any suggestions and advice are all greatly appreciated and let me know if any other information would be usable. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 at the most recent version and am using mobile data in different areas with the same issues.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mobile Data Issues (Galaxy S6)

Hi,

I have also had issues with 4G today. The phone says its connected to the 4G network but I cannot use the Internet or apps.

It might be worth checking your local network here.

If this is an ongoing issue then you will need to call EE to establish if there is any issue with your line.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by MattMoo
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

My local area seems to be fine but I'll have to see if the problem persists. Good to know I'm not the only one struggling with this issue.

by
EE Employee

Hi @MattMoo and welcome to the Community.

Let us know how you get on over the next couple of days.

We may need to get you through to our technical teams.

Cheers

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've had intermittent 4G problems the last 2 days. It happened once or twice in the morning, like you say, my phone was connected to 4G but apps reported there was no connection to the internet.

I was a passenger in a car both times, and the problem fixed itself as we arrived at work (different postcode/mast), so there may be local issues or intermittent network-wide problems. 

To be fair it only happened for short periods of time and it was fine the rest of the day.

Are you having more serious problems with it (longer periods of downtime)?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.