by Martyn1973 Investigator
Investigator

LG K8 4G internal storage space nearly full. Is there any way to free up space?

Hello, I'm being informed that the internal storage space is nearly full, but the local EE shop cannot help. The system takes up over 4GB and Apps which can't be removed take up another 3. There is a software update to download but space is really tight. Any ideas??

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: LG K8 4G internal storage space nearly full. Is there any way to free up spa

Investigator

Re: LG K8 4G internal storage space nearly full. Is there any way to free up spa

LG K8 4G (Mobile Phone)

by
EE Employee

Hi @Martyn1973 and welcome to the Community.

Does any if the apps you have allow to move to SD?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

No, the apps are pre-loaded and can't be moved. I have spoken to EE technical support and LG support. The conclusion seems to be that as the phone is working ok, then leave well alone. However it has also been said that perhaps 8GB of internal storage simply isn't enough these days. 16GB phone next time for me.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Martyn1973,

Have you tried clearing your phone's cache?

You can do this by navigating to Settings>General>Storage>Cached Data

This might free up some space.

Thanks

James

Investigator

by tezztickle

I too consulted an LG expert, unfortunately the model,and a few more of their ilk,are 'duds' because of inadequate internal storage,the operating sys. taking up nearly the lot !.. boycott the brand and go for a Samsung,or similar reputable user friendly types.... i'm getting rid at end of contract.

Investigator

I've now upgraded to a LG K8 2017. It cost me £99 but at least I've now got 16GB of internal storage which should be enough.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Martyn1973

Thanks for posting again here 🙂

I'm pleased to hear that you've now got a handset that meets your needs.

Come back and see us anytime in community and have a great Christmas.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.