by Charlotte42 Investigator
Investigator

Is there a way to check my previous data usage?

My phone says I have used all my 7GB data this month despite it only being 3 days in and I don't use my phone very often. I've rung EE and they've given me some worrying breakdowns but for 47% they can't access to tell me what it's been used for. I would like to see if there is some way I can get a full break down of my usage to check what's going on?! I've downloaded a few of the data tracking apps of the App Store but none of them seem to access historic data. I'm just so fed up of EE. The only point I went with them is for the data plan and it looks like a problem that a lot of people are facing. Would be good if anyone has advice. 

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is there a way to check my previous data usage?

@Charlotte42  What device is it and are you allowing apps to update in the background?  EE can not say what your data is used on as its only data and EE don’t track what’s using that data, but your device should have this information on it.  

You our are better off just using the my EE app to see what data you have left and you can also use THIS from your device with Wifi turned off on the device. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Charlotte42  I’ve just not you said App Store so I’m assuming you have an iPhone, please have a look at THIS

by
EE Employee

Hi @Charlotte42 and welcome to the community.

Please can you let me know what response you get when you text AL to 150.

We will try and assist to get to the bottom of this.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges). Your current allowance is : Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Roaming SMS and unlimited minutes to use in the UK, and whilst abroad in our Europe Zone. This will reset 29 Jun 2017. For more info on your plan and what it includes/excludes check My EE. Go to ee.co.uk/myeeplan

Investigator

Thanks that was really helpful and I've done some of those things. It's just that I track my data normally and in a whole month have never used it up before so am certain something unusual must have happened this month. thanks for the help though- that's good for the future!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Charlotte42

Thank you for that information, you plan data renewed on the 29th of May.

Have you downloaded any new apps or started to use more than what you normally do.

What is shown when you pop over to:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status  (please pop to this site with wifi off and mobile data on)

Let me know what is displayed.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

If won't let me post a photo to show you. It just says it's used up. I know EE can't go any further than that I was just wondering if there was another way as I haven't used my data more recently. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Charlotte42

Please follow the hints and tips @Chris_B has mentioned.

The likes of Spotify, Netflix even Facebook can use a large amount of data when on mobile data.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

I only use Facebook but thanks for advice. Will just keep an eye on it next month and check it doesn't happen again! Something fishy has clearly gone on so hopefully EE are a bit better in future. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Look in your phone settings at Mobile Data over a period & it should show what has used how much data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Charlotte42

Just another quick bit of advice - I always find it handy to look in Settings > Battery > Battery Usage.

It doesn't show you what data has been used but if something that uses internet is using a lot of battery - it's a good indicator of what's used your data.

It does sound a little strange if you've never used it before.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.