by Ninjapj Investigator
Investigator

Is it possible to be released from contract from suboptimal service?

I have spent hours with advisors constantly checking the mobile and 4g coverage for my area which has supposedly been repaired and now apparently working fine except it doesn’t. I can’t get 4g in my home or surrounding street and if No wifi I can’t access internet at all. My mobile data runs out every month(3Gig) even though I don’t stream etc and despite advisors asking me to download the data manager app, no one is able to identify why. The last advisor was initially quite abrupt with me and not believing my claims until he took time to read my history and notes. I am using an IPHONE 7 and often have to ask my husband or my mum to use their phones to access net or as my data has run out. Just a bit fed up and don’t want to go through this for hours again with more advisors

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is it possible to be released from contract from suboptimal service?

With difficulty. You will need to show that it is not fit for purpose and/or not as described & you might need to show this to a Court.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ninjapj  Are you allowing apps to run/update in the background?  Do you have location services switched on ?  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ninjapj,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your data service.

You may find How much Internet data are you using on EE? useful for working out which apps or services are using up your data.

Thanks

James

by Ninjapj Investigator
Investigator

Thanks but no. I have to often fiddle with settings to remove mobile data from apps etc so that I have enough data left at end of month

by Ninjapj Investigator
Investigator

Thanks but I do not use streaming etc. I only download podcasts on WiFi and listen then. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ninjapj  Please go to Settings>Mobile Data and scroll down to the bottom is WiFi assist on ?   You can also see on that page what apps are using what data.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you're only using WiFi you are not using the mobile network at all & therefore no data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ninjapj Investigator
Investigator

I never have it on.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ninjapj,

Have you checked in your settings to see which apps are using your data as suggested by @Chris_B?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions