by Delboy2 Investigator
Investigator

Is it normal to use 2g to update my iphone

I have an EE do gal box whilst updating my iPhone I used all my dater up before it had finished downloading it this normal. Delboy2

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Team
Solution

Re: Is it normal to use 2g to update my iphone

Hi @Delboy2,

You can wait until you have WiFi access to start the download again. If you ran out of data part way through it will not have completed.

You can buy an additional data bundle to see you through until you next bill date:)

Is 2GB usually enough usage for you? You can view and change your plan via My EE.

Alex

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Delboy2  What allowance of data do you have as the last iOS update was quite few GB.  And if you tried to do this while everyone else was doing it it will take longer and so use more data.  You need to do this when connected to a BB WiFi signal not a cellular signal. 

Sorry just noticed you say you had 2Gb of data, yes this will be use up completely before it even downloads.  

by Delboy2 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks I only have 2gb using a EE do gal wifi it used all my dater in one go and I never got new soft wear Delboy2

by
EE Community Team
Solution

Hi @Delboy2,

You can wait until you have WiFi access to start the download again. If you ran out of data part way through it will not have completed.

You can buy an additional data bundle to see you through until you next bill date:)

Is 2GB usually enough usage for you? You can view and change your plan via My EE.

Alex

by Delboy2 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for everybody's response on this subject I am glad that I found this and joined thanks Delboy2

by
EE Community Team

@Delboy2 you more than welcome!

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

Have a great weekend

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.