Highlighted
by Mallard
Explorer

Is Letter "are you still using your Mobile Broadband device?" genuine

I just got a letter purporting to be from Orange asking if I still use my Mobile Broadband device. It says my 'minimum term' has expired - what's that? That I 'haven't used any broadband data for more than 8 months'. How can I tell what device this relates to? It gives a number for the broadband device which I don't recognise. I have tried to call the number Orange give for if you don't want to be disconnected but they are 'unusually busy'. I don't know what device they are talking about - my current mobile phone number is different from the number they give for 'your Mobile Broadband device'

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Is Letter "are you still using your Mobile Broadband device?" genu

@Mallard yes, it's good to be cautious in this day and age. Do you have a gadget in addition to your mobile phone that you use or have used as a Wireless Hotspot to connect your home gadgets to? Whether you have or haven't, I suggest you phone Orange about it, but phone them on a number on their official website. Don't call them on the number on the suspect letter. Then you can talk to them about the letter safely. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is there still an Orange that sends out letters on Orange-headed paper?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Is Letter "are you still using your Mobile Broadband device?" genuine

Hi @Mallard

Welcome to the community. 🙂

The Orange customer service number is 07973 100 150.

I recommend calling, they'll be able to check this for you.

Chris

by Mallard
Explorer

Thanks Chris,

I called them and spoke to a very competent person at EE and all is sorted.

Malcolm

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @Mallard Smiley Happy

Glad you got it sorted.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions