by Preacher Investigator
Investigator

Iptv issues on EE 4G but not on wifi or other networks.

Apologies. I posted this earlier in the wrong part of the Forum. This is more appropriate 

If I take my EE SIM card out and put in the Three sim, everything works on 4G. After inserting the EE sim and the phone restarting, no IPTV service will play. This is a public access service with no adult content. I've tried turning the Adult Filter off and it makes no difference. It works perfectly when connected to wi-fi but that's not much use when I'm not at home.

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z5 but the same phenomenon occurs on an iPhone 6S.

Amy suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Iptv issues on EE 4G but not on wifi or other networks.

Hi, 

If you are attempting to access copyrighted content then it's likely blocked. If you try and access via a VPN and it works then it's definitely blocked by EE. 

Loads of servers have been blocked recently to crack down on the football. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Preacher Investigator
Investigator

Hi Northener.

Thanks for replying.

It's copyrighted material, football or movies or anything like that. It's mainly Canadian public access stuff that my wife watches. It's available on any other network we've tried but the speeds available from Three were just too slow.

One day with EE and I'm regretting it already! It does look like it's intentionally being blocked.

we can watch it on wi-fi and if we're away from home, I'll look into your suggestion of a VPN.

Cheers for your advice.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you mean by IPTV a device that is connected to by its IP addy?

A similar issue affects many CCTVs & security cameras intended to be viewed over the Net. It's probably down to EE employing IPv6 and/or CGNAT (Carrier-grade NAT) in its network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Preacher Investigator
Investigator

Hi XRaySpex.

Thanks for replying. I'll look into what you suggest the issue may be and see if the Three settings are the same in that respect.

I put the Three Sim back in and managed to connect fine. It's just a server that broadcasts Canadian Public Access stuff. Most of it is available on the internet but if you subscribe you're supposed to get more access and greater reliability.

Anyway, on re-inserting the EE sim, it is now still working! The only thing I think I did differently was to download the EE Internet and Messaging settings for my phone before it stopped working.

I won't do that this time as it doesn't seem to make any difference to my ability to access the Internet or send messages and see if the service stays connected on 4G.

If not, we'll just have to wait until we're connected to wi-fi to access it so we can probably live with that as there is a fairly basic catch up / VoD service with the paid version.

Thanks again for replying.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for posting again @Preacher

I will tag in @XRaySpeX so he is aware you have posted again.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

3's settings could well be the same as EE's but I suspect it is EE's implementation of them that is behind it.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions