by genkville
Explorer

Iphone 7 plus swithcing from 4G to 3G CONSTANTLY!!!!!

Hi guys,

took out a contract with ee last month. Iphone 7 plus - 10GB 4G data. I've noticed over the last month that my data keeps switching from 4G to 3G. This happens every day!!! It constantly happens throughout the day and majority of times i'm stuck with 3G. 

I phoned EE and a "network reset" from there end seems to fix it for a day or two but then it starts happening again. 

Any ideas what's causing this. I've reset network settings in my phone but to no avail. Do i need a new sim??

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: Iphone 7 plus swithcing from 4G to 3G CONSTANTLY!!!!!

Afternoon @genkville

Thanks for coming to the Community! Smiley Happy

Have you checked the Network Coverage Checker to see if there are any issues in your area?

There could be an issue or some planned works going on in the area.

Are you on the latest carrier settings - you can check this in Settings > General > About.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by genkville
Explorer

Hi Karen,

checked both home and work postocdes and no issues coming up. Checked carrier settings and i'm on EE 28.3.

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @genkville

This does sound very strange, it may be worth trying a new SIM card, but please do speak to our technical team to look further into this for you.

Do let us know if the SIM swap helps.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Biz88 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Probably a too simple answer. But have you checked that 4g is enabled for both voice and data?? Worth a look. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions