by lintonray

Internet speed on essentials plan

Im currently on a 10gb 4GEE Max Sim only plan, my phone is now old and knackered, im thinking about moving to another plan, I was looking at a 10GB essentials plan, can anyone advise if I would notice any difference in internet speeds? It is mainly used for emails, bit of browsing and maps.

10 REPLIES 10
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Internet speed on essentials plan

The essential plan you are limited to 60mbs

The max you can get their fastest speeds possible.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lintonray

Welcome to the community.

@BrendonH is correct, the essential plan will give you speeds up to 60mbps, which sounds ideal for what you will be using it for.

If you know you've reached higher speeds in the past, you could purchase our Go Faster Add-On, which would give you avvess to uncapped 4G speeds for only £2 per month. 

Let us know how you get on with the upgrade 🙂

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

To be honest @Christopher_G I think thisbis a bad deal.

Because we won't be buying a phone off you we are capped at 60mb unless we pay extra 

I have a good deal at the moment but come upgrade time I don't think I'll either be moving away from what I have which I don't need all the GB I have so wanted a lower tariff one but wanted to stay on the max plans.

But I am on the Samsung upgrade programme so I'll be getting my phone direct from Samsung.

So I may have to look else where for my SIM only. Depending on other factors of course.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH  Have you seen THIS you can have the speed add on to the  essential plan as a add on. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B but as @Christopher_G stated its an extra £2 a month

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BrendonH.

60mbps is still fast enough for most users' general usage. 

If you need more than this or you know you can get more than 60mbps in your area, we have the Go Faster Add-On as an option.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH  And how much cheaper do you want a tariff for with max 4G speeds.   

95D670A3-4D78-42E0-99C7-F4A4C3579DC1.png

I’ve just done a very quick search for an example.  That plus £2 on one of these plans with max speeds.   

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@BrendonH  And how much cheaper do you want a tariff for with max 4G speeds.   

95D670A3-4D78-42E0-99C7-F4A4C3579DC1.png

I’ve just done a very quick search for an example.  That plus £2 on one of these plans with max speeds.   

I'm currently paying £20 a month for 25Gb If I choose same tariff now even with the Special offer on at the moment it'll be £24 a month with the Go Faster Add On.

Yes I know inflation and costs go up but if I choose a lower tariff its not much better as the next tariff down is too low of data allowance as they have reduced the amount of tariffs they have.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH  Look out for the deals as they do come cheaper from time to time.   I got my daughter a 12 month sim only MAX plan ( 2 years ago in November ) and with all the discount I managed to get for it I pay lees than well before  VAT is £10.83.Smiley LOL   20GB at max speed Unlimited/unlimited. Unfortunately it’s not one of the max plans with the 5 extra countries on it.   You just have to keep searching for great deals as they are there to be had.   

As soon as my daughter gets her first contract that she pays for that sim only is mine and the price will only up £2 as it will not be a 2nd line. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Yes I will be checking deals as and when. Lucky for me my 12 month ends in December so just in time for boxing day sales

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.