by Dew_09
Explorer

Instagram not working on mobile data

I’ve recently upgraded to an iPhone 8.  Instagram, snapchat & messenger are not working on mobile data even though they all have it activated.

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Instagram not working on mobile data

@Dew_09 Have you updated to the latest version of IOS on the iPhone and checked the apps are also updated?  This is usually the issue if they are not up to date. Also, ensure in the settings that they are selected to use on mobile data and not just Wi-fi.  Let us know how you get on. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dew_09

Welcome to the community. 🙂

As well as following @Watkins07's brilliant advice, please log into your My EE account and go to Menu > Manage Device > Usage controls > Select Full Access.

This will let us know if it is the usage controls that are stopping these apps from being used. You can then switch the controls back if you wish to.

Chris

by Dew_09
Explorer

I did update my usage controls but that didn’t make any difference.  I’d seen when searching to try a network reset.  That seems to have worked.  Thanks for your suggestions.

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got this sorted @Dew_09

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

Leanne.

by knighty909

Both Instagram and Snapchat not working on Data and i have done all of your suggestions to get it to work and still nothing changed. Thanks 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @knighty909 

As above, but go to your online EE account and switch your content lock to STRICT and back OFF again, please! This should fix your issues! 🤗

Please let me know if this works👍

Cheers 😊

BustaCrabb 🦀

by k_ptl_27

I don’t know for android but if it is iphone Go to Settings > Instagram > Mobile data

if it’s alredy turned on of the toggle and then on it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.