by chriseglington Investigator
Investigator

If an upgraded plan is taken out on a device, how quickly does it take effect -

If I upgraded my data usage today, is that extra data immediately available or will it not take effect until my next invoice date?

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: If an upgraded plan is taken out on a device, how quickly does it take effec

Hi @chriseglington

Welcome to the EE Community,

The new plan would be available immediately.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: If an upgraded plan is taken out on a device, how quickly does it take effec

@chriseglington  The new tariff would start on the next cycle date.  You can not change plan mid billing cycle. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Chris_B the tariff is changed when the upgrade is completed.

Investigator

Dai, getting conflicting replies you say it would be available immediately others saying once it's been completed/at the beginning of next billing cycle?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Christopher_G can you confirm what I have told the OP is correct thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It will start immediately, pro-rated for the rest of the billing cycle, as will the cost.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David  I believe it’s not a upgrade but a increase in data on the account.  That’s why I need to know if @chriseglington is in there upgrade period.  I believe it’s a data increase on the account and that would start next billing cycle.     

The question is if I upgrade my data usage not if I upgrade my tariff.  

Investigator

Thank you for all your replies, although it's called an upgrade it's actually an increase in data so I believe any increase will not take place until the beginning of the next billing period?  So on that basis I'm guessing I will need to be sparing on my data usage as buying the extra data out of contract will be very expensive.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @chriseglington

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the Community today. Smiley Happy

If you was to upgrade your plan to either a SIMO (SIM Only) or phone contract, your new price plan will take effect when your phone is dispatched.

If you are changing your price plan (to increase your allowances or to decrease your allowances after your minimum term), your price plan can take effect immediately but this depends on how the customer service adviser processes your price plan change. There are two ways, immediate effect or on your next billing cycle (the day your allowances refresh). The reason most customer service advisers opt for the next billing cycle is to help minimise confusion with pro-rata charges. However, if you are in need of that data, you can contact customer service by dialing 150 from your EE phone and asking them to process that price plan change with immediate effect.

Please be aware, consumer customers can only change their price plan once every 30 days.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @chriseglinton

Welcome to the community 🙂

I think the confusion is between upgrading (renewing the contract) and a price plan change (upping your allowances).

You should be able to check your current allowances through your My EE account and the add-on status page.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions