by AFB7SIG
Explorer

If I have 2 phones on my account, can I transfer data allowance from 1 to other?

I have two phones on my account - mine and my partners. If I use all of my data, can I transfer my partners data allowance to my phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: If I have 2 phones on my account, can I transfer data allowance from 1 to ot

Hello @AFB7SIG no it is not possible to transfer allowances I am sorry they must be used on the original account. 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: If I have 2 phones on my account, can I transfer data allowance from 1 to ot

Hello @AFB7SIG no it is not possible to transfer allowances I am sorry they must be used on the original account. 🙂

by AFB7SIG
Explorer

That's pants! You should be able to share it!Thank you for the reply.

Get Outlook for Android
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @AFB7SIG it is possible to share data allowances but only when the account is set up as a shared plan:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/shared-plans

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AFB7SIG  You can if you take out a shared plan.  The allowances are what you agreed to with that contract when you took it out and it’s only for that contract and is not transferable to another contract even if that contract is on the same account.    

by AFB7SIG
Explorer

It is a shared plan!

Get Outlook for Android
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @AFB7SIG if it is a shared plan there should only be one data allowance across all lines. Is this the case or do both lines each have their own separate data allowance? 🙂

by AFB7SIG
Explorer

Their own I think?

Get Outlook for Android
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @AFB7SIG if they have their own separate data allowances then it is not a shared plan, they are both standard plans that are linked to the same billing account.

A shared plan is set up through customer service/sales where one line becomes the leader and all others become sharers, having their own minutes and texts allowances but sharing the same data allowance as the leader. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @AFB7SIG

Thank you for coming to see us in community and welcome 🙂

I can see @Profile closed and @Chris_B have offered you support already.

Just to add to the great information given to you, here is our shared plans information.

If you need any further support and to double check your plan etc.

Please get in touch with customer services either via an online chat or a call.

Cheers

Richard

:)​​​​​​​

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.