by beezly
Visitor

IPv6 on EE

I can see on my phone that I have a real IPv6 address in the 2a01:4c8 prefix allocated to EE, along with a 192.0.0.4 address used for DS-Lite, but at the moment I have no IPv6 default route on my phone. I can see 464XLAT is happening as there are entries in my phone's routing table for 64:449b NAT64 prefixed addresses.

Is there something I need to do to enable IPv6 routing out of EE's network, or do I just have to wait until I am migrated fully to IPv6 for a route to be provided? Are there any timescales for that happening?

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: IPv6 on EE

If your handset uses WiFi calling and/or 4G calling (VoLTE), that system platform is entirely IPv6 based, so that is where the IPV6 info is currently coming from.

The standard data side of the EE mobile network isn't fully IPv6 enabled yet though. It will be dual-stack enabled soon though apparently, starting with new accounts and then finally switching all existing customers over.

There is nothing you need to do once it does start to get enabled and it will all be automatic.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: Why are users of older IPv4-only MBB routers complaining that they've stopped working cuz the EE network is now IPv6?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Because EE have already started rolling out IPv6 / dual-stack to new customer accounts.

I beleive it started rolling out around November time.

I suspect MMB data-only users are also getting it first.

Its not enabled on my iPad data only plan yet though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: Ah, I think that explains it. Many of them say it started when they were given new EE SIMs. Thanks :).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.