by Yuka Contributor
Contributor

I'm still awaiting free 5GB data.

It's been over 1 month since my home broadband began but I am still waiting for free 5 GB mobile data. I already called 150 several times and each time I have been told that it is done. But I still don't have it. I don't want to keep calling 150 just to be told another lie. Why can't EE promise something they can't honour?  I have never got the minimum guaranteed speed for fibre broadband, either. Shall I leave EE?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I'm still awaiting free 5GB data.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Yuka  The extra 5GB of data should be added on the next billing cycle as it can not be added mid cycle.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Yuka wrote:

I have never got the minimum guaranteed speed for fibre broadband, either. Shall I leave EE?

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yuka,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What type of mobile plan are you using?

Data Boost is not available with 30 day SIM only, 4GEE WiFi, tablet or non-lead sharer plans.

Thanks

James

by Yuka Contributor
Contributor

Hi James,

Thank you for your response.  My mobile contract is a standard one (phone and SIM).

by Yuka Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response.  EE custermer service never told me about that.  I called them several times and they never mentioned the billing cycle.  

by Yuka Contributor
Contributor

Hi thank you for your response.  Talking to EE regulary about the speed is all I have been doing since the day one of my contract.  BT Openreach engineer came and checked the cables and set up, but no improvement.  My current speed is 17 Mbps while the min guranteed speed is 27 Mbps.  I am not sure if moving to another broadband supplier will change it or not because it may be all to do with BT Openreach's incompetence. The local  cabinet shows the capability of max 62 Mbps and min 39.8 Mbps (impacted) but I'm getting the speed far less.  What shall I do?        

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.