by Shazrad Investigator
Investigator

I'm getting terrible signal

I have upgraded from S8+ to a S10+ recently great signal with the S8 even changed my husband to EE because I didn't have problems but now it's terrible on the S10 in the house and out, loading an internet page while at work takes 2 minutes it's ridiculous, calls dropping out while in the house. Any ideas why?

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Team

Re: I'm getting terrible signal

Hi @Shazrad,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you experiencing a slow internet connection both at home and at work?

Do you have signal showing on the phone to be able to make and receive calls?

Is you husbands phone connecting OK while you are in the house?

Alex 🙂

by Shazrad Investigator
Investigator

Hi Alex

It's a better internet connection at home but not brilliant, it's definitely at it's worst while at work (showing 1 bar). Husband's phone is the same better at home but not great and slow but luckily we use Wifi at home but not the point really.

At home I get 1 bar also I'm frequently in the middle of a call and it drops out and have to call back I've tried wifi calling wasn't any better.

I've never had problems like this before don't understand it

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Shazrad,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have you checked the Network Status Checker to see if we have any open reports in your postcode area?

You can also make a report here too so we can investigate the network and understand the number of people impacted.

While your at work, are other people seeing good coverage? Or have they seen a difference recently too? Do you know if anyone else at your work place uses the EE network?

Alex 🙂

by Shazrad Investigator
Investigator

Hi Alex 

Yeah I checked for issues and there are none and I've checked coverage and for the bulk of the area at work it's in and outside 4g coverage and a small section just indoor for 4g which I'm guessing is my work. I should be getting decent internet inside.

I do know there are other EE users at work I will check with them see how they get on.

And thanks I didn't realise I could report issues so easily I will look into it.

Thank you for your help I appreciate it. 😊

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Shazrad 

Fab, yeah let them know about the link so they can check and report any issues they see too.

You might find at work if there is only a limited amount of indoor coverage, but a high number of people at the office, it might be congestion you are seeing which will slow down your service.

Come back and let me know how you get on once your back in work and you can ask about to see who others on EE are getting on with their coverage in the same place then we can see if it is the area, or maybe something on your account only we need to look at.

Alex 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.