by MinerSpark Investigator
Investigator

I hit my fairusage limit With T-Mobile On xmas eve

So late last night, around 1am, I hit my fair usage policy, Again, I've had been a customer with T-Mobile over 80 Months, And i've encountered the issue of, No net, they quite literly disable my mobile data, this has happened 3 times before, all because i hit my fair usage limit, So since it's xmas time, Losing my only internet access is a disaster for me, So i went to my city center to move over to EE, which i do partialy regret, but it had to happen sometime, Am now running with the 30-day Booster which has 16GB of Data, and 3k Minutes & Unlimited texts, Is there anyone out there know if EE has a fair usage policy, or know what happens when you hit that 16gb Data limit? (as in you run out, or just, used 16GB, What happens?)

12 REPLIES 12
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I hit my fairusage limit With T-Mobile On xmas eve

The T-Mobile FUP was always a stupid system as runs from the 1st to the last day of each month meaning it's never going to be in sync with your billing cycle (unless you just happen to be billed on the 1st of every month).

With an EE 4G plan there is no FUP system as such.  It's just your monthly allowance and once your data allowance runs out, your data simply stops and EE give you the option to purchase more if you want to.

I would recommend you switch from T-Mobile to EE as you have nothing to loose and more to gain as you will have access to 4G.  EE bills are also identical to T-Mobile bills.

You can also call EE/T-Mobile customer service anytime and they will switch your account over the phone and send you out a new 4G EE SIM card.

Investigator

I did, today, I highly perfer t-mobile, their FUP system is brillent it allows you to have the internet, just slow speeds, which is great when you just run out of data, it shows that the company isn't money hungry, but where EE just Force you basicly to Buy more packs if you run out of data, as if its not there problem, having a FUP system in EE am sure would make alot more customers happy.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@MinerSpark  EE don’t have any tariffs with unlimited data so you’ll never get a FUP, on EE you purchase what you need and have full network speed that your tariff allows. 

Investigator

Sadly, Not even EE can supply what i use, I use a Avrage of 80GB per Month 😕

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

EE offers 4G home broadband plans with up to 200GB of data.

by ChristopherJZ Investigator
Investigator

Why anyone would buy one of these 4G packages is beyond me though. Where I live I can get Virgin Media 300Mb/s Unlimited data on a 30 day rolling contract for LESS money each month than EE charge for 50GB on a 18 month contract. 

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Because they live in an area with terrible fixed line broadband speeds?

Investigator

I live with my parents, in a area where internet is Not a problem, i simply do alot of outside things, i voice call with people while playing Pokemon ago, and it destroys my data, and i simply found it Much cheaper to be on t-mobile because i didn't have to PAY to renew anything or buy more data, i  was simply limited, and considering i Cant work, thats REALLY helpful, where EE are just being money hungry.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MinerSpark

Thank you for posting in community 🙂

I know you mentioned you enjoy playing Pokemon Go.

I don't know if you came across our Pokémon Go: Stay safe, optimise your device, maximise your data support article?

Have a look at that as their are some great hints and tips for saving data.

Also it may be worth you taking a look at our How much Internet data are you using on EE? support article and some of the data saving information could be of use.

Hope this helps.

Richard

🙂

by ChristopherJZ Investigator
Investigator

Maybe so @Techhead but it's 2018 and there is no reason people should have to pay £1 per GB on an 18 month contract because they can't get fixed line services. EE are just capitalising on the fact that people don't have another option and it's disgusting. 

Investigator

I do completely agree with you, its companys looking for quick money on vunrable people.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I was replying to your comment that it was beyond you why people sign up for mobile broadband tariffs. So I gave you a valid reason and did not comment on the value for money, which by the way, I agree they are overpriced.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.