by Carolyne71 Investigator
Investigator

I have very slow 4g coverage

As above cant connect or when I can it's worse than dial up.. .ee have investigated and apparently no issues, got cut of from the live chat while using it to complain even... have done several test speeds and they all the as slow, what to do ? it's a well known fact we is slow in our area but this immediate area is ridiculously slow, however 02 is fine ! 

15 REPLIES 15
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I have very slow 4g coverage

Hi @Carolyne71

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Is this something that you've only noticed recently? Are there any known issues showing on the network status checker?

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Carolyne71 wrote:

As above cant connect or when I can it's worse than dial up.. .ee have investigated and apparently no issues, got cut of from the live chat while using it to complain even... have done several test speeds and they all the as slow, what to do ? it's a well known fact we is slow in our area but this immediate area is ridiculously slow, however 02 is fine ! 

If it is known that EE signal is not that good in your area I am puzzled why you have chosen them?

Where I am there are not many Vodafone customers due to their being no signal. You choose a network that will work for you at the best value.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Because they keep offering us fantastic deals to stay... what has this to do with my question ? Can you offer any advice ?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It's only a good deal if you can use what you are paying for.

Only advice I can give you is to check

1. The coverage checker to see if you can get any coverage in your area. or...

2. Check the network status checker to see if there is any issues in your area.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by

Hi @Carolyne71.

Did you get a chance to put your postcode into the network status checker as advised?

Do you get this problem in more than one location?

Jon

Investigator

Yes do this regularly, nothing to report apparently 👍 

Investigator

Yes i do this regularly, apparently no issues .... it has been escalated to the senior team and they havent found a problem either? 

by CJ101 Investigator
Investigator

EE 4g is becoming a joke now. Around London it’s hopeless. You’re not the only one. I’ve been with EE (and orange) for so many years but if it doesn’t improve, I’m off. And I’ll be spreading the word about the now slow speed of the 4g network. 

Investigator

I'm glad it's not just me ! We have also been with ee/ orange for 15 years or so, I will be swapping to 02 as soon as my contract allows it.

Investigator

I've been a customer of ee/ orange for about 15 years or so I have moved several times in that period it has been good but since moving to St Ives nor so good ...

by

Hi @Carolyne71,

Are you only experiencing this issue indoors?

The Coverage Checker shows that some parts of St Ives only have outdoor 4G coverage.

Thanks

James

Investigator

I have issues indoors and out all over the area, if it's a known problem why havent I been advised of this ? 

by

Hi @Carolyne71,

You can check coverage in your area online.

The Coverage Checker will show where you can expect to have indoor and outdoor 4G.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Yes I know this, apparently there is no issues, even outdoors the signal is akin to dial up, i was told by another ee customer one of the masts was decomissioned a little while ago is this correct and is that why the signal has got worse ? 

by

Hi @Carolyne,

Our Customer Care Team are best placed to look into which particular masts you are connecting to.

They'll be happy to take another look at this if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.