by SimbaCub Investigator
Investigator

I have topped up my data sim card but now need to apply that credit

Hi All,

I have 7 data simcards that I am using in non EE 4G routers, I have in the past had to top up the sim card online, called up and have the customer support team apply that top up to a data package.

Is there a way that I can do this myself as it is very time consuming to call up everytime I need to apply that credit to a data package. Its frustrating as I can see that the sim card has credite but it will not allow me to access the page to then apply that credit to a data package on the sim card.

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have topped up my data sim card but now need to apply that credit

Yes, just browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase & buy the data add-on you want from your topped-up credit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by SimbaCub Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your response but it fails with a "no internet connection, please turn off WiFi and try again"

Whatever I try, I cannot get to this page, either using the 4G router or using an old EE osprey device, looks like I will need to give in and call EE.

Thanks

Alex

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SimbaCub,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

What happens when you visit the link @XRaySpeX posted when connected to the device you want to purchase data for?

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Using the Osprey login to it at http://192.168.1.1 as "admin"/"admin" & click on:

To check your remaining data     allowance or buy a new data     add-on, click here. (opens in a new window)
See if it works by that route?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

I did mean when connected to the MBB device (it's actually the SIM you are buying data for).

by SimbaCub Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B,

It says there is no internet connection, It just doest not route me throught to the page, if I connect via WiFi or cable to my 4G router or if I connect via WiFi or USB to the osprey device.

It just refuses to work.

Thanks for the reply

by SimbaCub Investigator
Investigator

Hi @XRaySpeX,

It says the same thing, there is no interent connection.. 

Ah well, will have to try the old fasioned way.

Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If it keeps saying "No Internet connection", which mine doesn't when I'm connected to WiFi, have you looked inside the routers to see their Connection Status? It's sounds as if they are not connected to the EE mobile network.

by SimbaCub Investigator
Investigator

The connection status is connected on all simcards via the router GUI and has EE details etc.

I have actually brought 7X 30 day rolling contract sim cards to use for the month.

Thanks for all your responses.

by

Hi @SimbaCub,

You should be able to open http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when connected to your 4G router, even without an active data pack/add-on.

Please get in touch with technical support so we can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

by SimbaCub Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply, like I mentioned above, it refuses to navigate to that page, I have taken a nother path now.

Thanks

by

No problem @SimbaCub

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

With my PC directly connected by WiFi to my (credit-less & data-less) MBB router & no other WiFi around I can get up the add-on purchase page w/out any warning about turning off WiFi and VPN.

Can turn off all other WiFi in your home, bring the MBB router to the close proximity of your PC & connect to it over WiFi? Does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase still ask you to turn off WiFi or does it now take you to the add-on purchase page?

by Alirev
Explorer

Hello I have this exact message have turned off Wi-fi mobile 3G my iPhone and iPad Wi-fi in settings but it still won’t go through to the purchase page... wow this is very very frustrating as surely too-up should credit the sim whatever !!!

by

Hi @Alirev

Thanks for coming here.

You should be able to open http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when connected to your 4G router, this should not show an error for you.

Please get in touch so we can look into this for you.

Leanne.

by Alirev
Explorer

I am getting the error message about turning off Wi-fi (which I have) and on all other Wi-fi gadgets in my caravan but get the following message

[cid:a2befbd0-0dec-4d65-b352-9fda9487694d@eurprd06.prod.outlook.com]

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Alirev

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you get in touch, we will be able to get this investigated for you.

Leanne 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.