by Joepreece Investigator
Investigator

I have recently upgraded an now have no mobile data connection.

I have recently upgraded from an iPhone 6 to a galaxy s8 (both on EE) and now have not got any mobile data coming through. It says I am connected via 4G but nothing loads. I have checked my VPN settings, and tried my SIM card in the iPhone 6 and still no data loads. I understand that when migrating from another network that it may take a few days if keeping the same number, but nothing has changed with me, I'm still on the same SIM card.

Joe

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: I have recently upgraded an now have no mobile data connection.

Hi, it's all sorted now. I was told that due to the new eu regulations about being able to use your phone abroad some of the systems are having occasional problems. When I upgraded, my minutes and texts changed over but my data didnt causing it to freeze up. In my ee it said i had 20gb left yet i was on a 15gb plan. After removing my data allowance and putting it back it is now working as it should. Very helpful on the phone.

Joe

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joepreece  It can take up to 24 hours if you have a new SIM card and your number is being migrated too that SIM card.    

Have yo just tried turning the device off/on. 

Investigator

That's the thing Chris, I haven't had a new SIM card, I'm still using the old one. No new one was sent with the one. And yes several times over the last few days that I've had the new phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Have you tried connecting without the VPN? 

Also try downloading the APN setting again here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hello @Joepreece

Have you made sure that data is turned ON in settings?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Still no data, I will take it into an EE store tomorrow and they can take a look. Like I said, I don't think it is the handset which is the problem here because my iPhone has the same symptoms when I put my SIM card into it.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Joepreece

Thanks for getting back to us in community 🙂

Let us know how you get on in store or please don't hesitate to get in touch with the technical support team and they could run through some diagnostics with you.

Either way, please let us know what happens.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Investigator
Solution

Hi, it's all sorted now. I was told that due to the new eu regulations about being able to use your phone abroad some of the systems are having occasional problems. When I upgraded, my minutes and texts changed over but my data didnt causing it to freeze up. In my ee it said i had 20gb left yet i was on a 15gb plan. After removing my data allowance and putting it back it is now working as it should. Very helpful on the phone.

Joe

Investigator

Joe

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Joepreece,

Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear it's now working for you.

James 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.