by Naya8 Investigator
Investigator

I have no network coverage in Greater London. Why is this?

Can anyone help and let me know why there is no network in Greater London with relation to making/ receiving phone calls in the last 2 days?

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have no network coverage in Greater London. Why is this?

Hi, 

It maybe a network issue. Have you checked EE network status checker?

Can you not use EE VOWIFI service?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Naya8 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Northerner! Thank you for your kind response. Since I have never had this problem with EE in my Greater London area location which is covered by the network, I think that this is a network problem too. I will try the solution you recommended. If it does not work, I will physically pay the EE shop a visit.

It is unacceptable to have no cover for 2 days, or at anytime! Thanks anyway.

by Naya8 Investigator
Investigator

Good evening EE Community Team!

Saturday, 25th November 2017

Find below my response to Northerner...

“Hi Northerner!

Thank you for your kind response. Since I have never had this problem with EE in my Greater London area location which is covered by the network, I think that this is a network problem too. I will try the solution you recommended. If it does not work, I will physically pay the EE shop a visit.

It is unacceptable to have no cover for 2 days, or at anytime! Thanks anyway.”

Regards,

Naya8

Sent from my iPhone
by Naya8 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Northerner!

I could not make nor receive calls in the last 2 days. I checked and there was no problem with Network Status in my area location (Greater London).

However, I have used the EE VOWIFI service you recommended and this has proved useful. I will not be paying the EE shop a visit now. Thanks much for helping. Have a great weekend.

Naya8

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us about this @Naya8

I'm glad that WiFi calling is proving useful for you.

Although that is helping, I still recommend reporting a problem on the status checker that @Northerner referred to.

That way our technical support team will look into what is causing the issue and send you updates.

Thanks

Chris

by shah312 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Try changing SIMS, if it does not work, obviously reset your phone (settings and all) and see if it solves the problem. 

I generally have a similar problem when the network is unavailable on your first attempt making a call then second attempt works fine - seems like it is going throught a checking or recording phase with the network. 

In central London you also have the problem when there are too many people for the network and this resolves after a few seconds or minutes.

by Naya8 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Shah312,

I have been a monthly subscriber with EE for more than 5 years and do not have another SIM to change with me: I have also never had this problem before in the location where I am at. I did report the issue, and received a text to say the problem was fixed. I checked, and this is frustratingly, not the case. I do not know why this is!

I enabled EE VOWIFI instead and am presently using WIFI calling, texting ...

PS: How does one use a service which the provider EE claims has a problem resolved when this is not the case?! It does not even begin to make sense! How many times should a problem be reported to the Technical Team of the provider EE who claim it is sorted, yet it has not been resolved?! This ‘matter’ is unacceptable: resolution is required.

Rgds,

Naya8

by
EE Employee

Hi @Naya8

What's the postcode for the area which you are still having issues in?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Naya8 Investigator
Investigator

Reply:: UPDATE: I have no network coverage in Greater London. Why is this?

Dear Lee_H,

Re: ‘No Network Coverage’
Update:: Problem RESOLVED

Thank you for asking about this matter. I now have ‘No Network Coverage’ issue resolved.

When I paid the EE shop a visit yesterday late afternoon, the manager re-booted my iPhone 7 by holding down both the Volume and OFF buttons at the same time, effecting the switching off of iPhone that way, instead of how I had been doing it. Then he released both buttons, and switched iPhone on. EE ‘Carrier’ automatically registered in Settings.

Thank you EE Community for your support, advising using EE VOWIFI when desperate.

Have a great week everyone this Holiday & Party Season, like I will be doing. Sweet ...

Regards,

Naya8

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Reply:: UPDATE: I have no network coverage in Greater London. Why is this?

I'm delighted that you're all back up and running, @Naya8. 😄

It sounds like the person in store done a fabulous job.

Thank you for sharing the solution to your problem. I'll bear this reset method in mind when helping people going forward.

As a thank you for sharing this, I would like to send you a little gift from EE.

Spot prize.jpg

I've sent you a private message, please take a look at your inbox.

I'm sure we'll have a brilliant festive season. We have a marvellous party planned courtesy of @Richard_C's amazing party planning skills.

I hope you have an excellent time too.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions