by Ma19dan
Visitor

I have forgotten my password to my mobile phone

Can not get into my phone tried several times with password that I had written desperate now!

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have forgotten my password to my mobile phone

You mean the PIN Lock? Think you need your PUK to unlock it which you can find in your MyEE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ma19dan  The password to get in to the device is only known to yourself and unfortunately there is no override feature as that would make the password pointless as anyone could open the device.  You need to remember it.  

@XRaySpeX  Mobile devices can have passwords to unlock them  this is a security precaution to stop others from gaining access to that device.  Sim pin codes don’t allow over 3 attempts to use them as in this case 7 tries were used to unlock the device thus the only conclusion is that it’s not a sim pin that’s required but the device unlocked code as mentioned. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If you can't remember the password or back up details then the only option you have is a factory reset.

Which will erase all data off the phone 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Ma19dan 

I'm sorry to hear that you've forgotten your password and are locked out of your phone.

If you can't remember the password, you may need to factory reset the phone.

What kind of phone is it?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions