by AliT Investigator
Investigator

I have a PAYG sim and I keep losing my mobile data connection

Hi there,

I’ve only been with EE for 1 month and whilst the speeds and connectivity are great for my partner who has a monthly contract, I keep losing connection on my mobile data. I have 9GB available so it’s not a lack of data. We have tried switching the phone off, resetting the network setting in the general settings. We have exactly the same phones iPhone 7 Pluses, so I don’t understand why her mobile data works and mine is so flakey.

Any suggests and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

AliT

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Re: I have a PAYG sim and I keep losing my mobile data connection

Hi and welcome to the community @AliT

So I can try and help, please may I know the following:

• Is the phone brand new or second hand?
  • Are you able to call/text?

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by AliT Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee_H

It’s my original unlocked phone that I put a new SIM card into & ported my old number over to after getting the PAC code from my old provider.

I can call and send texts, WhatsApp and ironically even the personal hotspot work I just can’t watch anything YouTube, NETFLIX, Sky none of my apps play anything and I also can’t access the web, neither Safari nor Chrome work. It’s incredibly frustrating. I either get this: My EE login id.ee.co.uk https://id.ee.co.uk or this My EE myaccount.ee.co.uk https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/anonymous-content-lock/

Neither of these make any sense to me so obviously I’m starting to get incredibly frustrated and annoyed as I changed from 3 due to the severe lack of service in my area (4G top speed tended to be 0.4MPS on a good day) to EE whose speeds tend to range between 23 - 45MPS but as I can’t access mobile data 9 times out of 10 that means absolutely nothing to me other than I might have to change service provider for the second time in less than a month!!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AliT

Thanks for the extra information.

It sounds like your phone has a content lock on it at the moment. You can change the status of the content lock through your My EE account, which is why it's directing you there.

With regard to data speeds, is it possible to swap your SIM into your partner's phone, or their SIM in your phone and come back to us with the results?

Thank you.

Chris

by AliT Investigator
Investigator

Hi Christopher_G, 

only problem with your solution is every time I try to access the PAYG sim online (not in the app where there are limited controls) I get a 404 error code so I can’t actually access the settings to check and see what is wrong. 

Frankly I’m feeling disheartened at the moment as I am also having a completely separate but completely infuriating issue with changing my broadband over to EE at the moment as well, so not only is my partner unable to access the internet from his phone, I am having to run the entire household from my WiFi hotspot on my own phone due to my broadband switch over not happening last Monday and currently looking like it’s not going to happen until the following Monday (30th) *sigh*

I think for now I will give up trying to sort this out until the bigger issue (severe lack of n

broadband) has been corrected as I am just getting very annoyed and frustrated with EE at the mo.

thank you for trying to help though

by

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling disheartened and frustrated, @AliT

When did you last get an update on your broadband situation?

Chris

by AliT Investigator
Investigator

Hi Christopher_G,

I spoke with someone on Saturday morning and afternoon and they advised that the best that they could do would be call after they had an update from BT and Openreach, end of the day it’s not EE’s issue, it’s just really unfortunate that it’s happening at the same time that my partner’s mobile decided to go a bit doolally and the fact the I can’t access his mobile’s details on the EE website but I can on the slightly less functional iOS app.

I was advised that most likely they would get an update on Tuesday/Wednesday which is unfortunate as my partner works from home and so has no working internet.

As I said, disheartened and frustrated....

AliT

by

Hopefully we'll have an update soon then, @AliT.

I've sent you a private message about the content lock problem looking for some more information.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions