by LornaY Investigator
Investigator

I have 521mb why cant I gift this?

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have 521mb why cant I gift this?

@LornaY: Are the nos. you are trying to gift it to on the same family a/c as you? They need to be to gift. See Gift Your Data and Set Controls .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @LornaY once your data gets to 512MB you cant gift anymore until your data allowance renews.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@David you need at least 500mb to gift data. But you can only transfer in 500 incruments so if @LornaY transfers 500mb it will leave her with just 21mb left.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@BrendonH one of my lines got 512MB left but it wont allow me to transfer anymore.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LornaY

Welcome to the community. 🙂

What happens when you try to gift the data?

Are you given any error messages?

Chris

by LornaY Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris 

It says nobody has enough data to gift. 

Lorna

by

Morning @LornaY

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you text BALANCE to 150 from the number you want to gift data from, and let me know the reply you get?

Leanne 🙂

by LornaY Investigator
Investigator

Hi LeanneThis is the reply  Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges). Your current allowances are: unlimited minutes to use in the UK, and whilst abroad in our Europe Zone and You have unlimited texts in the UK and abroad in the EU. You have 521MB remaining of your 524MB data allowance. This will refresh 04 Mar 2019.   For a summary of your recent invoices and payments reply BILL.For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/text150.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by

Great thanks @LornaY

Has the data gifting worked in the past for you?

Are you all on the same account?

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.