by sortemout Investigator
Investigator

I have 105 GB of data on a family plan and can’t gift data

I am being told I can’t gift data I have a family plan now 5 years and the deal always was, we previously shared the data as and when needed, for the last 6 month, I have to gift the data - a pain !! There are 5 of us and with my super cool/fast connection this takes up to an hour - pretty rubbish, the past was better faster and easier GRRRRRR
12 REPLIES 12
Investigator

Re: I have 105 GB of data on a family plan and can’t gift data

Thanks for the reply, this is a grumble, I pay for the account BUT can’t gift what I have bought, due to EE computer error, the problem has gone on for days now

Sent from Roberts iPhone
by Legend
Legend

Hi @sortemout

Is this a question or a grumble?

You have this family account?

Who can gift data?

Only the person who runs the data can gift the data, but they can gift it from any linked account. So if your teenager has been heavy on the downloads and your partner still has at least 500MB left on their account, you can gift a bit more data to your teenager from your partner’s account.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you all under the same MyEE a/c? You can only gift data to others on the same family a/c.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I pay and run the account, due to EE computer error I can not gift the data I have bought, the problem has gone on for days now
GRRRRRR

Sent from Roberts iPhone
by Legend
Legend

@sortemout

You will need to speak to CS then on 150. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sortemout,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you been in touch with our customer care team to let them know you are unable to gift your data?

When you say the issue is due to an EE computer error, can you let me know what the error is?

Are you able to log into your My EE account either via the app, or internet browser?

Alex 🙂

Investigator

Hi
I reinstalled my app on the phone, that has certainly sped things up ??
CS have accidentally removed people on my old share account so I could no longer share my data

Prior to renewing my contract 4 people shared my data, NOW I have renewed my contract with EE I learn I must gift data to others I share the account with, this takes about an hour a month - every month, a total waste of time and a backwards step - never explains to me before renewal - so I Pay the same BUT get a worse service for renewing???? What went wrong there
CS say there is no way they can auto gift data to others I share the account with

EE are sadly going crap on service like BT - a big mistake.

Robert

Sent from Roberts iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sortemout,

I'm sorry that the changes to your plan weren't explained clearly when you upgrade

It sounds like you used be on one of our sharer plans. Because we no longer offer these plan, you would have ben changed to a family account where you can data gift as and when you need it.

The sharer plan had an allocated amount of data that all of the sharer SIMs could use at any time.

The way data gifting works is a bit different. As the main account holder, you can gift your data to other numbers on your account but this is done at your request via the app. The other users done have access to the whole pot of data anymore.

Alex 🙂

Investigator

Thanks Alex
This much I am understanding, from the previous system it is a backward step for me and wastes me an hour a month or min 12 hours a year

I am just pleased I don’t have to call the water co before I have a bath, the elec co before I turn my lights on and the sewage co before going to the loo - this new idea of gifting is backward for my usage and needs to be put on auto like direct debits at the bank or any other of the utilities we all use and take as ‘a given’

I renewed my contract only to find it just got worse, not better as about every other co has and does in order to improve customer ease and comfort

Sorry I am V disappointed and feel let down

This needs rectifying please

Robert

Sent from Roberts iPhone
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Why is this taking you an hour a month?

I gifted data from my wife's plan to mine within seconds yesterday.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Good question
Yesterday I reloaded the EE app, that has certainly improved matters
Really the time involved gifting to 4 people has been bonkers, such a backward move for me anyway - this is not really the point of my frustration. When did we have to call the electricity provider to ask if we can turn the light on? Or call the water supplier when we want to flush the loo, ask the council to collect the waste, contact BT before making a telephone call.
For me the gifting idea is rubbish and antiquated, previously my 4 people could use as much of the 20gb I got from EE as was needed- no time wasting human intervention required

When will EE put gifting on auto, please?

Sent from Roberts iPhone
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

No one is asking you to call EE to gift.

It's a simple log into the app or desktop MyEE and gift the data it doesn't that long.

The bad idea of shared data was that one person could have used all the shared data leaving nothing for everyone else.

Gifting gives you move control. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.