by cheryl93 Investigator
Investigator

I click the link to buy more data. It won't let me because I have no internet.

So whenever I am out and have no wifi and my data runs out, I follow the link that ee texts you to by more data at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/text .

This has always worked for me, but for some reason it hasn't for the past few months. Whenever I click on the link it says that I can't access the page because I'm not connected to the Internet, which kind of defeats the object?! I've read questions like this before and all people usually get as a response is to turn their wifi off when they click on the link to get it to work. However, this still happens to me when I'm not connected to the wifi, because if I had wifi when I was out I would be using that not buying more data. This has caused small yet extremely annoying situations, like not being able to book cinema tickets when I was out for a meal, or get hold of a number for the doctors. I need a solution incase anything worse happens or incase of an emergency. I'm even considering going with another network because it's caused that many problems. Any help would be very very appreciated. Thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I click the link to buy more data. It won't let me because I have no interne

@cheryl93 

Try this

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

and just to add your link works for me.  

by
EE Employee

Re: I click the link to buy more data. It won't let me because I have no interne

Hi and welcome to the Community @cheryl93

This sound very strange.

Please do try the following link

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase

Please make sure that your phone is displaying a data connection in the corner next to your signal bars.

Do let me know if you need any further help.

Many thanks,

Lee

by cheryl93 Investigator
Investigator

Nope, neither of them work!

I've just thought of something, could it be because I'm using chrome instead of safari that it doesn't show up? Thanks.

by
EE Employee

Hi @cheryl93

That should not cause you any issues.

Please try it and let us know.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@cheryl93   I've just installed Chrome to try this and it works for me ( I have data though) but might be worth giving it a go on Safari because you're doing it without data on your account so it might not like it.   

by
EE Employee

@Chris_B even without data it should push @cheryl93 over to the purchase page.

This is what is confusing me .

Cheers

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by cheryl93 Investigator
Investigator

Doesn't work 😔 Thanks for your help though! 

by
EE Employee

Hi @cheryl93

Please can I get you to try a network reset to see if that can help, not sure if it will but its worth a try.

Note: Resetting the network settings will clear all WiFi passwords and refresh device network connections.

1. From the home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Scroll down to, then tap General.
  3. Scroll down to, then tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  5. Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.

NoteIf a security code is enabled, this will need to be entered between steps 4 and 5.

After you have tried this, please follow the steps me and @Chris_B has supplied.

Also, do let me know if you are using an EE personal or business account.

Many thanks,

Lee

by cheryl93 Investigator
Investigator

I've been googling it and a lot of people seem to have this problem. Even when they are texting ADD DATA to 150 it has been saying it isn't available. I'm going to go into my nearest EE store and see if they can advise me anything. Thanks for your help!

by
EE Employee

Hi @cheryl93

Please try what I mentioned in my previous post and let me know, as I may be able to save you a trip to the shop.

Many thanks,

Lee

by cheryl93 Investigator
Investigator

Sorry @Lee_H I didn't see your previous post. I've reset it and it's still saying the same with all the links you've suggested. I've realised I didn't have mobile data turned on for safari because I've been using chrome so it works on safari! Just doesn't seem to on chrome for some reason. I'll have to remember this in the future. 

by
EE Employee

Glad you are sorted @cheryl93

At least with safari anyway.

Many thanks,

Lee

by cheryl93 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks a lot! @Lee_H @Chris_B

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.