by ardunan Investigator
Investigator

I can only access MY OWN website via wifi (won't work on data!)

I have two Samsung S8s that work brilliantly apart from not letting me view MY OWN website when I'm away from the house...via home wifi it's fine, same with any public wifi spots...but if all I have is data roaming I get a "connection error"....any ideas, I've tried everything I can think of. The website has a SSL cert. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Team

Re: I can only access MY OWN website via wifi (won't work on data!)

Hi @ardunan,

Welcome to the community 🙂

When you are using your EE data, and not on Wi-Fi, can you access any other site on both phones?

Do you know if your website can be accessed by any other users when using Wi-Fi or a mobile network?

Alex

by ardunan Investigator
Investigator

Hi thanks for replying. I can access ANY other websites using either phone on data.

My customers can access the site on their phones without problem (try it, www.thegreatbritishfoodhub.com). I've tried using different browsers and nothing makes any difference. I've called EE...they're stumped, I've called my site's Hosting Co and they can't work it out either?? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for confirming this @ardunan

I have sent you a private message for further information, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ardunan

What browser are you using? Try chrome.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are these phones new contracts or recently upgraded? Could it be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? Content Lock is reset ON with new & upgraded phones.

That is not the sort of site that Content Lock should be restricting but you never know.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ardunan Investigator
Investigator

Chrome is my main browser...also tried Mozilla and Safari...still says closed connection err

by ardunan Investigator
Investigator

Had phones 18 months...site launched in October, problems started at the same time. There are many times a day I need to access the site via my phone and it's driving me nuts having to find a McDonalds just to connect to their wifi 😕 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you checked the state of your Content Lock & tried turning it OFF if it is ON?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @ardunan

Sorry to hear you can't access your website while connected to EE's data network. Smiley Sad

I had a similar problem and after doing some investigating, I found that EE have moved from IPv4 to IPv6 and found that EE will not connect to some websites that only use an IPv4 address.

I ran a test on your website and found you have an IPv6 address on your DNS records but when you try to browse it from an ISP that supports IPv6, it's stating:

"This site can't be reached

http://[2001:8d8:97c:bb00::8b:9316]

ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE".

You need to contact your web hosting provider and make sure you have the correct IPv6 address that's on your DNS records and that the IPv6 address is properly configured for your website.

Are you using shared hosting with 1&1 or do you have your own instance like a cloud server?

If you do have your own instance, are you running Ubuntu or Centos with Apache or NGINX and what PHP version?

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.