by Tanuki Investigator
Investigator

I bought SIM, EE PAYG 4GMBB multi 2gb, for my trip to germany but cant get 4G

I bought the SIm and have inserted it to my Xperia Z tablet (SGP771).

I am now in Stuttgart Germany and seem to have R(roaming) connection but not 4G. Wifi reuter I've rentaled receives 4g in the same place.

My tablet settings are

1. 4G/WCDMA/GSM is sellected for the network

2. EE internet (everywhere) is sellected for APN

3. o2-de is sellected for the network

I created my account and tried to add my device at My EE page, but after inputting my number 079~~~~~~, I only get "We now know this is a 4GEE WiFi number" and can't go further.

Please help me!

10 REPLIES 10
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: I bought SIM, EE PAYG 4GMBB multi 2gb, for my trip to germany but cant get 4

Hello and welcome to the community.

Try and manual roam onto the Telekom Network

(Settings>Network>Mobile Network>Network operators>Search Networks and then select Telekom)

by Tanuki Investigator
Investigator

Re: I bought SIM, EE PAYG 4GMBB multi 2gb, for my trip to germany but cant get 4

Thanks,

I've got connected via telekom but "R" is still shown instead of "LTE".

I still can't add my device, due to the same reason as written in the question.

Followings were cleared by turning off the WIFI connection. just for memorundum.

I tried to change to telekom and vodafone several times but got an error saying "cannot connect, try later".

Other networks are vodafone for LTE, and several other names for 2G and 3G.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Tanuki

Thanks for posting on the community.

Can you access the internet at all?

Are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using this data SIM in your MBB but you can't register it to MyEE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Tanuki Investigator
Investigator

Sorry for the late reply.

I can access to the internet.

I've bought "Pay as you go", 4GMBB multi 2gb.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

My EE is now apparently working for MBB devices. This user has set an account up successfully and is the first user I have seen be able to do so:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-EE-app-and-website/No-packs/m-p/657149#M7574

If you are still getting the old 'We know this is a 4GEE WiFi number' dead end then customer service may be able to register the number for you:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

By you have internet access now do you mean you have got 4G working? Or are you stuck on 2/3G?

🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Tanuki

What happens when you pop over to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status whilst not connected to WIFI.

Is the correct mobile internet settings in your tablet?

What is displayed when you go to the below:

1. Find "Access Point Names"
  2. Press Apps.
  3. Press Settings.
  4. Press More.
  5. Press Mobile networks.
  6. Press Access Point Names.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Tanuki Investigator
Investigator

>tm90

Maybe I've bought a wrong SIM, 4GEE Wifi SIM, mentioned in your link.

The SIM I bought is below.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0177Y4NJ0/ref=pe_492632_159100282_TE_item

unfortunately, I will give up because I'm leaving Europe tonight.

I would have asked th customer service...

Thaannks anyway.

by Tanuki Investigator
Investigator

>Lee_H

It seems that I have a connection, because the data remained is 1.6GB now.

Am I already connected via 4G while "R" is shown in the menu bar of my device?

I think I've used more than 0.4GB though.

Access point name is "EE Internet (everywhere)"

My device is in Japanese, so I may got a wrong answer.

As I mentioned in my previous reply, I will leave Germany tonight so I will give up...

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tanuki,

I'm sorry you were unable to find a solution to this issue before the end of your trip.

Have a safe journey.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.