Investigator

I arrived in Majorca yesterday on business got no signal

17 REPLIES 17
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I arrived in Majorca yesterday on business got no signal

Morning @Hall12

Thanks for coming here.

Can you try and connect to a different network, do you know have signal?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Let me know how you get on 🙂

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. I have tried connecting to other networks, wouldn't let me. I travel all over the world, never had this problem. Tried shutting down the phone. Taking it off 4G. Putting airplane mode on and off. I can't even get on to live chat to EE to see if there is a problem.

by

Thanks for coming back to me @Hall12

Have you used the phone abroad previously on EE?

What phone are you using?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

I was only here a few weeks ago, no problems. I have a Google pixel 2 phone. My husband is on the same EE business contract using an Apple I phone 8, and he has got the same problem. But yesterday, he got the usual text from WE welcoming him back to Spain.But no signs I am furious, the live chat is not working to ask EE the problem.

by

Thanks @Hall12

I am sorry our chat teams are for personal pay monthly accounts, if this is a business account the option will not show.

What happens if you try and select a different network?

Thanks. Leanne.

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

If I try and change the network, against all the available Spanish networks, it's saying " Forbidden", then resets the phone back to Automatic Network. I have been with EE for years, and on various different phones. I would say it's a service issue, but how do I get hold of them, as I can't ring!!
by

Hi @Hall12

You would need to give us a call from another phone so our business team can get this looked into for you both.

The number to call from abroad is +44 (0) 7953 966 250.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

I have another phone and that's on EE also, so we can't go and ask a complete stranger in Majorca, if we can use their phone to contact the UK. Can someone from EE business team not email me, so we can get this sorted. Otherwise I will be sending a bill for flights and costs for a business trip, where I cannot contact anyone while I'm here.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Hall12, There should be a public landline phone somewhere, if you are in a hotel, then you should have one there, as this cannot be sorted via email. Have you checked your accounts that you have not accidently switched off roaming?

Before mobile phones, that is how we used to communicate, by using public phones, you cannot bill EE for flights and cost for a business trip, just because you have no network connection, they will not pay you that, it is not their fault that you cannot connect, could be something to do with the network within the country you are in, or roaming is somehow deactivated.

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

I am in an apartment, miles from a local town I have checked my account, for both phones. Everything is activated including roaming. I was here back in February and everything ok. I don't understand what can be done any different from me ringing the UK, to you emailing me.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Sorry, but most of us here are customers like you and there is no account access here, so it is up to you to contact EE. I doubt anyone can help you here, and I suspect that any of the EE staff who help in the forum will say the same thing, as they have no access to your account either.

EE do not email customers, they would need to speak to you to see if they can help.

Were you  in the same place in that same apartment in February?

It could be that somehow roaming is not activated, although shows as activated on your account, and this would be why they need to speak to you to get this resolved.

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Thanks for your help. Yes, used the apartment many times, never had a problem. I will have to try and find a phone, but if it's Majorca' s network, I am wasting my time.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Are you able to find out if Mallorca have a problem with their network? It does seem strange that you are having this problem, I am no expert, but would have thought your phones should work.

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I come here regularly, never had any problems. I will have to see what I can find out, otherwise will have to fly home, if I cannot use my mobile. WiFi calling not working either.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Wifi calling only works in the UK.

by Hall12 Investigator
Investigator

OK . Thanks for trying.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Hall12

Please try giving customer services a quick call to look into this using +448000798586 via Skype.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.