by BBleckly
Explorer

I am travelling in Bulgaria and Greece but my data and calls are not working

Hi All,

I am currently travelling through Bulgaria and Greece but my data and calls/texts are not working. Since both are part of the EU I should have the same capabilities as when I am in the UK. It has worked while I have been travelling in other EU countries without me having to do anything.

I was just wondering why I am no longer able to access my data and make calls?

Thanks,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I am travelling in Bulgaria and Greece but my data and calls are not working

Hi @BBleckly

• What plan are you in?
  • How long have you been abroad?

Stable links We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if you spend at least half of your time during any 4 month period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA/Switzerland exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use. Where your usage no longer indicates a risk of abusive or anomalous use we will stop charging you the surcharge. Examples of this are where you stop permanent use and resume periodic use when roaming in the EU. Where we have evidence of organised reselling of our UK SIM cards to persons not residing in or having stable links to the UK we may block the SIM card and roaming services.

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/everything-everywhere/documents/roaming-for-paym-customers-20180202.pdf

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by BBleckly
Explorer

Re: I am travelling in Bulgaria and Greece but my data and calls are not working

I am using a Pay Monthly Plan.

I have been abroad for about 10 days. My data and calls worked while I was in other countries but as soon as I passed in to Bulgaria it no longer worked for me (two days ago) and now that I am in Greece it is still not working. I usually receive a text from EE when entering a new country but this has not happened.

In terms of the stable links, I have not received a text message alerting me to exceeding my usage abroad. Plus I have spent more than 2months in the UK in the past 4month period.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @BBleckly

Welcome to the community.

Can you try and connect to a different network, following the steps below for your device;

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Also, what phone are you using?

Speak soon, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.