by RolandKaye Investigator
Investigator

I am interested in microcell for my village here in rural Norfolk. How do we get

I live in rural norfolk and we have both poor mobile signal and poor broadband. If I walk to the top of hill ( yes norfolk does have hills) then I can get 4g on my ee network. Everyone in our village is the same. We have put a satellite dish on village hall to provide fast very local wifi to this location and would be interested in microcell to serve village with 4g.

how do we get microcell and service connection? Can we be a pilot or can we part fund?

We are not due for broadband upgrade from BT till 2018/19.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I am interested in microcell for my village here in rural Norfolk. How do we

Hello there @RolandKaye

Thanks for coming here.

What is the postcode of the area?

Do you get a 3G connection?

Speak soon 🙂

Investigator

Re: I am interested in microcell for my village here in rural Norfolk. How do we

Our post code is NR14 7hy. We cannot get 3G reliably and not indoors. Your coverage map shows that we should get 4g but this is not true. The logic of your map is wrong as our post code extends from the river valley bottom to the top of the hill which is one of high points in norfolk. 

The bulk of village is in river valley hence need for microcell to improve signal as we are masked from line of sight to your masts. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@RolandKaye The coverage map is just a guide. This is what it says on the map.

"This map is only a guide and not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions. You'll need a 4G phone, SIM and plan as well as 4G coverage to use 4G. Why the map isn't perfect."

Investigator

I know your maps are not perfect. My question which you fail to answer is 

How do I get a microcell for our village? 

You are installing them in various locations. I want to know how we get one installed here. 

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @RolandKaye

If you leave this with me I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Thanks Karen will await reply. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.