by TheSkyMayBe

I am confused about speeds, can someone please help me?

At the moment I am on a SIM only phone plan, my bill lists this as “EE SIM 20GB” it is £20 a month including VAT and ends in February 2020. (I can’t seem to find any other name for this plan.) I am unsure what the official average speed of this plan is but what I am really wanting to know is how the speed of this plan would compare to the Mobile Broadband 4GEE plans on the Home Router. (https://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/4gee-router/details)

I know my actual speed will vary on a number of factors but are they the ‘same speed’ type of plan? Do EE state that one is faster on average or not?

I can’t seem to find the info I’m looking for so any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
by SilverZipppo Investigator
Investigator

Re: I am confused about speeds, can someone please help me?

As far as I know, EE does not sell 'speed limited' plans.  The speed you get will depend entirely on where you are and what device you have your SIM installed in. 

For example, where I am now, I can get 25-30Mbs on my phone but 50-60 on my mobile broadband modem because it can take advantage of some clever features of 4G which my phone does not have. 

But if I go a mile or two up the road I might only get half of those speeds as I would further away from the mast and/or might find that there is a hill between me and the mast which would reduce the connection speed. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I am confused about speeds, can someone please help me?

Hi and welcome to the community, @TheSkyMayBe.

@SilverZipppo's reply is a great example of how your mobile data speeds may vary.

Have you done a speed test on your phone/SIM?

You're likely to get similar speeds on a 4GEE WiFi device.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions