by Paul_L Investigator
Investigator

I am a broadband customer. Do i get a discount off mobiles or sim's?

I want to get a data sim and wondered if I get extra data or a discount as I am an existing broadband customer?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I am a broadband customer. Do i get a discount off mobiles or sim's?

You can get a 5GB data boost if you are a mobile contract customer with at least a 12-month contract when you take out or renew your BB contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Evening @Paul_L

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you get in touch with our sales team on 0800 956 6000 they will be able to let you know what is available.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by Paul_L Investigator
Investigator

So the reply is, 'No. You don't get a discount'. There is no incentive for
me to buy an EE mobile product unless I am close to a contract renewal
date.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Paul_L as @XRaySpeX informed you, you are likely to get 5 GB per month data increase / free bonus data on any monthly mobile phone or mobthly SIM only deal that you take out or renew for 12 months if you are already a customer of EE home phone and broadband. I did. 

by Haydon-Berrow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Actually, Xray said

You can get a 5GB data boost if you are a mobile contract customer with at least a 12-month contract when you take out or renew your BB contract.

and I read this as the boost being applied to the BB contract. Did I misread that?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, that's right! It's getting a BB contract that get you the Boost. For full particulars see Data Boost for Broadband and 4GEE Home .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Paul_L Investigator
Investigator

Yes - I understand this. The issue is that I have to wait until the end of the current broadband contract in order to get the 5GB data increase on any mobile contract I take out now. In my case this is several months away but could be a year or more for some people. The customer loyalty offer is skewed in favour of those taking a mobile contract to encourage them to take broadband as well but does not work well the other way round.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's right! This offer is to encourage EE mobile users to take up EE BB, not the other way round.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.