by dremaitiserikas
Visitor

Huge problem with topping-up via credit card

Hello. Yesterday I got my EE sim with 15£ pack on it. I have tried topping up numerous times via my credit card, but I always got an error message. Then I went online and one person suggested topping up by using a voucher. So I did that and voila, I got 15£ in my balance. After about an hour and a half, one of my credit card payments came through and I got another 15£. Then I decided to check my credit card balance and I got a mini heart attack, because I had way less money in my balance than expected. I clicked on "last transactions" and got the answer why.. every single time I tried topping up via my card, it showed an error message, but kept taking money from my account. I have like 6-7 unwanted payments shown as "pending".

My questions are: 

1. Why was it showing me an error message, saying that "something went wrong", but kept taking money from the account?

2. Is there a way to abort these payments and get my money back?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Huge problem with topping-up via credit card

Hi,

You will need to speak to CS on 150 and ask them to cancel those additional payments before they are credited, that is if your credit card fraud alert kicks in first!

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Huge problem with topping-up via credit card

Hi @dremaitiserikas.

Welcome to the community.

Usually when you get that message, it means that the transaction hasn't completed. Unusually in this case, they seem to have gone through.

I agree with @Northerner, the best course of action is to speak to our customer service team who will do their best to investigate and resolve this for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.