by JaviMagallanes
Explorer

How to buy more data for a SIM installed on a remote router that I can't access

Hi, I have a SIM card with a 4G data plan of 20Gb. This SIM card is installed on a router in a buoy in the sea north of Scotland. I use the 4G network to transmit telemetry data. This month I have exhausted the 20Gb and I need to expand 10Gb more. When I try to do it through my account I get the error website:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase

I am sure that the router is connected to the EE network beacuse it have been connected the last 8 months. I am trying to buy more data from my company's office in Spain.

Is there any solution to buy data without having to have physically the SIM?

I would be grateful for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to buy more data for a SIM installed on a remote router that I can't acc

That link has to be accessed from the SIM wanting to buy data. If MyEE from somewhere else ends up there when you ask it for a data add-on, I can't see you are able to do it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JaviMagallanes
Explorer

Re: How to buy more data for a SIM installed on a remote router that I can't acc

Thanks XRaySpeX, but I hope there is an exceptional solution for this type of case.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.