Highlighted
by JaviMagallanes
Explorer

How to buy more data for a SIM installed on a remote router that I can't access

Hi, I have a SIM card with a 4G data plan of 20Gb. This SIM card is installed on a router in a buoy in the sea north of Scotland. I use the 4G network to transmit telemetry data. This month I have exhausted the 20Gb and I need to expand 10Gb more. When I try to do it through my account I get the error website:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase

I am sure that the router is connected to the EE network beacuse it have been connected the last 8 months. I am trying to buy more data from my company's office in Spain.

Is there any solution to buy data without having to have physically the SIM?

I would be grateful for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to buy more data for a SIM installed on a remote router that I can't acc

That link has to be accessed from the SIM wanting to buy data. If MyEE from somewhere else ends up there when you ask it for a data add-on, I can't see you are able to do it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JaviMagallanes
Explorer

Re: How to buy more data for a SIM installed on a remote router that I can't acc

Thanks XRaySpeX, but I hope there is an exceptional solution for this type of case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.