Highlighted
by Alexoferith Investigator
Investigator

How to buy data credit?

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have got this EE sim card. EE website is really bad. All I wanted was data only when I ordered the card. The link on the card doesn't work. To cut a long story short, I thought I had chosen the £15 plan but now I found out that I had put £15 in my account as if I am using a phone but I am not. I am using a Huawei Mobile Wifi bought from Amazon. Anyway, I have been trying (on and off) for a month to buy this £15 data plan but to no success. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to do with this sim card? Many thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How to buy data credit?

Hi @Alexoferith,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you registered with My EE so you can manage your account online?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Yes, I have but the link doesn't work. Everytime I clicked it, it said that I am forbidden....

by

Hi @Alexoferith,

When do you see this error message? Is it when you are trying to log in to My EE?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to the Huawei Mobile Wifi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

No, I can log in without a problem. Then there is the link there for me to click if I want to (I cannot remember the exact wording now) add credit. The link is the same as on the letter when EE sent me the sim card.

by

Hi @Alexoferith,

Have you had any luck using the link @XRaySpeX posted? - http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi, I tried to click the link in your post - http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase. Error - it is saying that I have to turn off  WiFi and VPN if I am using one but I am on wired network via Powerlink to the router. No VPN and no WiFi. What the hell?!?!?!! This doesn't make sense!!! I have wifi dongle but they are disabled. I have no problem using Giffgaff. Looks like EE has lost another customer but thanks for your help.

by

Good Morning @Alexoferith.

What device do you currently have connected to the WiFi box?

Jon

Investigator

Hi, Jon,

WiFi box? I presume that you mean the router. Apart from my own computer, there is my daughter's computer, the Freesat box, PS4, Apple TV box and the smart TV. I managed this via a managed switch. As I mentioned before, my computer is connected to the router via HomePlug as I don't want to drill holes in the walls. The BT line comes into the sitting room. My computer is in my bedroom. Oh, my property is a flat. 

by

Thanks for getting back to me @Alexoferith.

Yes sorry, router. 

I'd recommend contacting our customer service team about this so they can have a look into your account.

Please let us know how you get on.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

With my PC directly connected by WiFi to my (credit-less & data-less) MBB router & no other WiFi around I can get up the add-on purchase page w/out any warning about turning off WiFi and VPN.

Perhaps your switch & Powerplugs are confusing it. Can you take them out the equation, bring the MBB router to the close proximity of your PC & connect to it over WiFi? Does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase still ask you to turn off WiFi or does it now take you to the add-on purchase page?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.