by Summerspring Contributor
Contributor

How long does EE take to respond to a complaint?

Hi. I made a complaint to Ee, using the online form over the weekend. How long do EE take to reply? Do they reply at all, or hope the complaint will go away?

I was rung up by a sales man offering me a grear deal, suitable for me, new phone, sounded fab. I was happy in with my previous deal but this guy was adament. I wasnt offered any other deal other than the one he had In mind.

I misunderstood what I had signed up for and it wasnt suitable for me. Its cost me £100s as a result.

When companies don't reply they are inviting more ombudsman cases.  

What is everyone else's experience or complaints?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How long does EE take to respond to a complaint?

@Summerspring  Did this person say they worked for EE ? Did you ask them ?     From what your saying it sounds like you had a cold caller who said your due an upgrade, and you assumed that they worked for EE.  That could of been from any 3rd party company.   Did you have to give to give the caller any account questions so they could access your account?  As that is what EE do.   And you dont give security questions/answers when they have called you as you don’t know who they really are.   

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Summerspring  EE will need to look in to this first,  but are you sure he was from EE ?  I ask that because EE will not just offer you one tariff they will allow you to choose a different one if you wish.  

You also get a 14 day cooling of period so you can call customer services and tell them you don’t want it because it was a phone sale.  

And ultimately the decision to take the contract was yours.  

Contributor

If I'm sold an EE phone package, I cam only imagine it was an EE representative. I was only told abput this package, as he told me it was suitable for me.

When I stated that I don't want to spend over a stated amount, every month, and he sold me this based on this information, I cant assume he was lying.

I only bought the package based on the conditions that I stated. It is also the EE representative's legal responsibilty to tell the truth. 

Its only when the bills started piling up that I realised it wasnt for me

How long does EE usually take to respond? 

Contributor

If I'm sold an EE phone package, I could only imagine it was an EE representative. I was only told about this package, as he told me it was suitable for me.

When I stated that I didn't want to spend over a stated amount, every month, and he sold me this based on this information, I agreed.

I only bought the package based on the conditions that I stated. It is also the EE representative's legal responsibilty to tell the truth. 

Its only when the bills started piling up that I realised it wasnt for me, which was after the 14 days cooling off period.

How long does EE usually take to respond? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

By using the complaints form you should get an initial reply within 3 working days. See Complaints code of practice .

@Summerspring wrote:

I was happy in with my previous deal but this guy was adament.

Then why listen to him? He's not twisting your arm. It was your choice. You could always say "No". I'd never buy from a cold call. You want something, you shop around for the best choice & product that suits.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

You're right he didn't twist my arm. He threw in a phone with it, and it sounded a good deal, that was the deciding factor.

When he rang he didn't start off with the sales pitch, he seemed to know a lot about my account and said I was due for an upgrade. He didn't come across as a sales person at first. 

So the moral of the story is to say no to all offers off EE when contacted, and not to believe a word of what is said.

Legally there is a respinsibility for all sales people not to misrepresent what they are selling. A 'cold caller' is not exempt from that. If someone is acting on behalf of a company there have to act honesty.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Summerspring,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As @XRaySpeX said, our complaints team will get back to you within 72 hours.

You can also chat online with our complaints team via the make a complaint help article if you prefer.

Hope this helps.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you know what no. he was calling from or did he say?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Summerspring  Did this person say they worked for EE ? Did you ask them ?     From what your saying it sounds like you had a cold caller who said your due an upgrade, and you assumed that they worked for EE.  That could of been from any 3rd party company.   Did you have to give to give the caller any account questions so they could access your account?  As that is what EE do.   And you dont give security questions/answers when they have called you as you don’t know who they really are.   

Contributor

Thank you for the responses.

He gave me the impression that he did, I can't identify him or remember the whole call. 

It's not this man who I have an EE direct debit account, set up for. EE are claiming my money every month. 

Regardless of who rang me, It's EE who collect my payment every month and EE who I need to ring to sort out any bill issues.

Its not reasonable to blame and outside party, yet collect my payments. 

Contributor

Thanks for the replies. 

It was Carphone warehouse that sold me the phone with the EE package with 500 minutes and texts.

I do apologise for thinking it was EE. My needs had changed so it wasn't the best deal for me, as I needed to make a lot more phone calls, for medical reasons, as well as emotional support. 

I guess no one else is to blame, but it's better that salespeople don't call potential customers, and try to convince them that they know the best deal for them.  My circumstances changed dramatically prior to agreeing to the offer.

I hadn't been prepared for the call. I was actually asleep at the time of the call, after a shift at work. Not the best time to get talked into anything. I hadn't considered that I would need to continue to maje a lot of calls.

For a few pounds extra I could have had unlimited which would have suited my needs and saved me hundreds of pounds. Lesson learned. 

Thank you EE for contacting me.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Summerspringwrote:

Thanks for the replies. 

It was Carphone warehouse that sold me the phone with the EE package with 500 minutes and texts.

I do apologise for thinking it was EE. My needs had changed so it wasn't the best deal for me, as I needed to make a lot more phone calls, for medical reasons, as well as emotional support. 

I guess no one else is to blame, but it's better that salespeople don't call potential customers, and try to convince them that they know the best deal for them.  My circumstances changed dramatically prior to agreeing to the offer.

I hadn't been prepared for the call. I was actually asleep at the time of the call, after a shift at work. Not the best time to get talked into anything. I hadn't considered that I would need to continue to maje a lot of calls.

For a few pounds extra I could have had unlimited which would have suited my needs and saved me hundreds of pounds. Lesson learned. 

Thank you EE for contacting me.

You can always up your tariff to that unlimited package.

You just don't be able to downgrade again until your minimum term is up.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Employee

Hi @Summerspring,

I'm glad you have got to the bottom of your issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Thanks  BrendonH.

EE have sorted it. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.