by Akini123 Investigator
Investigator

How do I use the data that was gifted to me?

I was gifted data by the account holder however, I can't use that data and I don't know how to fix it. Can you plrplp help.  

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I use the data that was gifted to me?

@Akini123  The gifted data gets allocated to your existing data allowance, it just increases basically.  And you don’t need to do anything to use it 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @Akini123

Can you please tell me is that are you account holder? if not you need ask account holder to allow you data use as well

Use data

Thanks

by Akini123 Investigator
Investigator

I can use data, however it is not registering on my allowances

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tahirmian  That’s not how data gifting works.   What you’ve put is allowing the use of data on the none account holders device.  

@Akini123  If the account holder has gifted you data then there is nothing you need to do as the gifted data is added to your account for you to use.  This gifted data is put on to your data allowance that’s on your account,  when the account holder gifts data the  recipient data allowance is just increased.    There is nothing you need to do to use this gifted data.  

If the gifted data is not showing on your allowance and you’ve not received a text from EE informing you that you have received a data gift then you have not been gifted any data.   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.