by tornaveeny Investigator
Investigator

How do I find out when an EE mast will become operational?

Hi,

We live in an area that has diabolically slow broadband, so I'm really pleased to see that EE have built a mast quite close to our home - the hope would be to move to 4G broadband as soon as possible.  

How do I find out when the mast will become operational, so I can start looking at 4G routers etc?

Grateful for any help.

Cheers.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Employee

Re: How do I find out when an EE mast will become operational?

Hi @tornaveeny Crofter and welcome to the community.

We have started to install external antenna which may assist.

You would need to give us a call so we can run a series of diagnostics with you to ensure the antenna is fit for purpose and will improve the speed and consistency of the 4GEE Home Router If you're happy with these we will then arrange an engineer.

The engineer will verify the improvements and speeds with you before the installation takes place. If for any reason you do not want to progress with the installation, we will refund you £90 of the £100 installation fee (a £10 non-refundable charge is taken).

If you are unhappy with the installation for any reason we will de-install the antenna and make good free of charge.

If you have purchased the antenna within 14 days of signing up to an 18 month 4GEE Home contract, the returns period is increased by a further 14 days from the day of installation.

If you are not happy with the increase in performance we will refund the installation and allow you to cancel your contract outside of the 14 day returns policy.

If you are happy with this please get in contact with our dedicated antenna team on 0800 079 0131.

Hope this helps,

Lee

Investigator

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply re setting up the antenna/router. Are you able to also reply to my question - how do I find out when the mast will become operational? I can have all the equipment, but if I haven't got a signal, it's not really going to be of any use to me....☺

Cheers.

by
EE Employee

Hi @tornaveeny 

Please keep an eye on the coverage checker, as this will show you the latest coverage for your area.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Fieldfare Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What they mean is there isn't a way to find out!! I spent hours on the phone to EE trying to get any hint of info about WHY my nearest tower was down and someone eventually mentioned it MAY be tree coverage (apparently in the UK we suffer from this a LOT due to the regulations for installing masts back in the 90s.........)

There is no easy way for the support/phone teams to get direct engineer info so they can't ever tell us much about what the problem with the mast is and how long it'll take to fix.

Anyway, if tree coverage IS the issue then good luck. Whoever manages the physical mast (EE engineers?) will probably never get permission to trim the trees. It's a complex issue, google for Phone Masts Trees and you'll see what I mean.

Because EE has more masts than anyone else, they tend to suffer the most with tree problems. My local one is basically sitting in a giant dish surrounded by trees.

Investigator

Cheers Fieldfare, but definately no tree problem where we are...!

It's a brand new mast - put up very quickly over the space of a couple of weeks and all infrastructure looks to be in place.

I'm just surprised that there's no access to a centralised project planning team who oversee all mast installations who must have a schedule that they work to. 

I'm not asking for an exact date - a couple of weeks either way is fine for me so I can get the hardware I need to get us online.

I could check the coverage map, but as there's no revision date on it, it's not that useful.

by Fieldfare Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Oh I see, if it's a brand new mast then perhaps they will have the information for you. Try ringing them and asking the exact question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.