by axelblue5 Investigator
Investigator

How do I disable mobile broadband on my Huawei P9 phone?

Hi, I have a new Huawei P9 phone & my mobile broadband appears to be on permanently when I'm not within range of a Wi-Fi signal. How do I disable this?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How do I disable mobile broadband on my Huawei P9 phone?

@axelblue5  Your device will only use cellular data if you have anything or are allowing anything running in the background or you are using apps that use cellular data.    The device doesn't just use it because you are connected to cellular data,  something has to be requesting to use it 

But 

Turn mobile data on or off. Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your mobile phone. Tap the data switch icon to turn the function on or off.
Return to the home screen.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@axelblue5  If you have the wifi icon on your device when within range of the wifi signal then your on wifi not cellular.  

Do you have an option in the cellular settings to turn off ( it might be called) cellular assist or something like that.  

Investigator

Hi Chris_B, thanks for your reply.

Yes I know that wifi comes on when I'm in range of a signal. However I don't want my mobile broadband to be permanently on when I'm not in range as this will eat up my data. I can't see where the settings are to disable this on my phone, hence the request for anyone how may know how to do this.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@axelblue5  Your device will only use cellular data if you have anything or are allowing anything running in the background or you are using apps that use cellular data.    The device doesn't just use it because you are connected to cellular data,  something has to be requesting to use it 

But 

Turn mobile data on or off. Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your mobile phone. Tap the data switch icon to turn the function on or off.
Return to the home screen.

Investigator

@Chris_B That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.