by portionguy
Explorer

How come when I start my data pack early, I don't receive any of my earned boost

I have earned quite a few data boosts but if I run out of data and choose to start my next pack early, I don't get any of the boosts, just the standard 100mb weekly data pack.  

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How come when I start my data pack early, I don't receive any of my earned b

Hi @portionguy

Welcome to community 🙂

You don’t need to buy your packs one after another to get your Free Boost – if you have a gap between packs we’ll pause counting and carry on as soon as you buy your next pack. You’ll get your Free Boost as soon as you’ve bought three 30-day packs or 12 seven-day packs.

To keep track of your Free Boosts:

• look in the My EE app (download it from your phone’s app store) the option Free Boost
  • text BOOST to 150

If any of the Boosts are missing, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with our pay as you go team and they will help you further.

Thank you

Richard

:)​​​​​​​

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How come when I start my data pack early, I don't receive any of my earned b

@Richard_C: This is a negative gap between packs. The OP bought the pack early not late.

There is no rule that you won't get your already earned boosts when buying a pack early.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @XRaySpeX

Thanks for helping with this 🙂

Cheers

Richard

by portionguy
Explorer

Thanks for the quick responses but what I thought to be true is what @XRaySpeX said. 

I purchased a pack early because my data had run out but instead of getting my standard pack (i.e. with boosts included), I received the standard base pack (100mb data etc). 

The data in this pack has now been used up also because I received less than expected.

Is this standard practise or have been misallocated the correct amount of data?

by

Hi @portionguy

Please give our pay as you go team a quick call.

They can check your account and let you know exactly what the situation is.

If you get a second to come back and share with us what they say, that would be much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.