by Jamesbrown1279
Explorer

How can I tell how fast my 4G is on my current plan? Thanks

I have a new plan following an upgrade and would like to know how fast my 4g is? Standard, double speed? I don’t think it’s 4g+ (London only)

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I tell how fast my 4G is on my current plan? Thanks

What plan exactly have you upgraded to?

Run a speedtest app from your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by wallacio Investigator
Investigator

This is a good question, and a speed test won't necessarily give you the answer because that depends on network and signal conditions.

If you're on a standard 'Essential' plan, your speeds are probably capped at around 60Mbps. Having said that, I saw in excess of 80Mbps/30Mbps in Glasgow yesterday (see below).  

A different number on an 'Extra' plan gave me over 150Mbps/50Mbps in Glasgow (a 4G+ area).

I've also discovered that there's an add-on for £2 which lets you utilise the maximum speeds offered by the network, although why 80Mbps wouldn't be enough, I don't know...

Speed tests from same device but different plans below. Either way, that's pretty impressive and blows the socks off any fibre based product I've used.

Screenshot_20190319-121357_Speedtest.jpgEssential Plan  Screenshot_20190318-095016_Speedtest.jpgExtra Plan

by Profile closed
Not applicable

182mb/s on my S10+ today in Cardiff. On my iPhone the maximum speed i ever got was 102 mb/s. Samsung does have better modems i must admit. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.