by mjr Contributor
Contributor

How can I find out if EE has turned off my data connection

I have pressed something on my phone which is preventing me getting on line using the EE data connection. My phone works perfectly well when connected to other WiFi sources.

I have put in all the data required in the settings, but still no joy.

How do I check with EE to ascertain if I'm turned on at their end.

rgds

mike

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: How can I find out if EE has turned off my data connection

Hello @mjr we need to know what phone you have please?

What happens when you visit this link using your phones data (not WiFi) connection? :):

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mjr.   Could you get online before?  If you could of then you have probably turned off cellular data.   Or not allowed any apps to use cellular data.   EE will not just turn off your data.

do you have and data left in your allowance? 

by mjr Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tom222,
Thank you for replying.
I have a Nokia handset running windows 10.
Its the weekly pay as you go top up.
I seldom use the data connection as I'm with BT Home broadband which gives me lots of hot spot connections when away from home, but there are occasions when out of reach of BT that I need to access my emails.
Around Christmas I did some clearing out of memory on my phone which has prevented me from getting back on line via the EE setting.
As suggested by you I turned off my settings to try EE connection and get the message , cannot find server or DNS Error.
My phone is nearly 2 years old but I can find anything on the case which gives me the model number.
Hope that's all understandable.
Rgds.
Mick
by
EE Employee

Hi @mjr and welcome to the Community.

If you could follow the below details and let me know, I will try and help further.

Settings >> System >> About >> Within Device Information you’ll see your model, provider & software & RAM.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @mjr thank you for confirming. When you look at the phones home screen can you see 3G/H/4G directly next to the signal bars? Or just the signal bars and you can only see a smaller version of the 3G/H/4G sign underneath the signal bars when you swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification screen? - This is important in determining whether data is not active at all or active and faulty so let me know if you need me to explain this part more. 

Once you you have provided @Lee_H with the information requested can I ask you to check settings>network & wireless>mobile & SIM. 

Is data connection toggled on? Data services will not work at all if it is toggled off. If that does not work next near the bottom tap SIM settings. 

Scroll down and you you should see internet APN. do you have an APN profile active? What are the settings saved?

All you need to have saved in the profile is:

Profile name - EE

APN - everywhere

Type of sign in - PAP

IP type - IPv4

Finally 'use this APN for LTE' and 'apply this profile' should both be ticked. 

If you have the right settings but it still does not work, or the incorrect settings and only have the view option available for this profile and edit/delete is blanked out or even no profile at all try creating a new fresh profile and activating that. You may need to restart your phone but not normally necessary - the 3G/H/4G symbol as mentioned above should appear directly by your signal bars instead of underneath when a data connection is active. 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.