by Bahledovae Established Contributor
Established Contributor

History of data usage

I want to see how much data I used each month in last year.

How can I find out? The data usage is not included in the bill.

I have EE app installed, but it only shows a current month data usage, not historical.

I have a 6GB plan, but I think I only use 2GB and my contract is expiring soon.

15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: History of data usage

@Bahledovae  You’ll need to call customer services for this information.  It’s not displayed because you have a set amount and how much you use of that is up to you.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE will keep no record of your data usage; only your phone will. Look under Mobile Data in your settings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Thanks. I understand it's up to me, but the historical data should be available so that I can decide what plan to buy next. 

Established Contributor

Thanks, I am not finding it there. I use mobile data very little, max one hour a day or when travelling.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  Yes they do as they can tell you what you’ve used over the term of the contract each month.  As I did ask what on average I was using and I was told the highest and the lowest amount of term of the contract and what I roughly use each month.   And the device can not say what you’ve used from one month to the next it can only display what it counts up depending if you’ve reset the counter. 

EE can not and do not track what you’ve used the data for.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE will be able to tell you how much you have used each month.

They won't be able to break it down.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B may be on Apple but on Android you can set when your data reserved it keeps a years worth of data.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Established Contributor

Thanks, guys, I will need to call EE to find out.. not ideal! 

This information should be in the bill.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bahledovae  As I said it’s a set amount and EE only show what you’ve used for that month as it’s a countdown for you to see what you’ve used.    THIS page will show what you’ve used over the last 4 month and each month. It also shows the current months usage.   Click that link when connected to cellular data. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B wrote:

And the device can not say what you’ve used from one month to the next it can only display what it counts up depending if you’ve reset the counter. 

My device does by month. It is never reset; just that start date defining what a month is can be changed w/out losing the record of usage.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

X Ray, I only have these options on Xiaomi , not seeing history option. 

Screenshot_2018-03-17-14-35-15-829_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Screenshot_2018-03-17-14-35-54-050_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Established Contributor

@Chris_Bwrote:

@Bahledovae  As I said it’s a set amount and EE only show what you’ve used for that month as it’s a countdown for you to see what you’ve used.    THIS page will show what you’ve used over the last 4 month and each month. It also shows the current months usage.   Click that link when connected to cellular data. 

I tried but history is not thereScreenshot_2018-03-17-14-33-21-740_com.android.chrome.png

Established Contributor

I called EE and they gave me my average  data usage.

I still think this info should be on the bill.

The customer should have a record of the actual monthly consumption. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the feedback @Bahledovae

Glad you got the information you needed.

Leanne.

by calvinmc Investigator
Investigator

You can see it here https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/usage-since-latest-bill/

or go to the current usage option, then under your data allowance you will see an option that says 'see details'

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.