by DazzerJones Investigator
Investigator

Hi, Issue with receiving pics/videos using Whatsapp and FB on data on S7edge

Facebook and Whatsapp dont download pictures/videos whilst using my data, I have a full 4g signal with plenty of data allowance, works on wifi no problems, have also tried the sim in another phone with the same issues. Have changed APN settings aswell but nothing works, can you help.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Investigator

Re: Hi, Issue with receiving pics/videos using Whatsapp and FB on data on S7edge

Hi Leanne

Only seems to be on Facebook and Whatsapp, probably started around August last year.

Thanks

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Investigator

Re: Hi, Issue with receiving pics/videos using Whatsapp and FB on data on S7edge

Hi Chris

It's not the signal as I'm getting at least 50mg download, I have attached a speed test showing this, I also tried the SIM card in another phone and I had the same issue.

Thanks

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @DazzerJones. Have you checked the settings in the apps to make sure they allow download on cellular.

E.g. from Whatsapp

8552.jpg

Investigator

Hi, yes have checked those settings too

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DazzerJones

Welcome to the community.

As the app settings show the pictures/videos should be able to download over mobile data, I recommend deleting both apps and re-downloading them (check the settings again afterwards please).

Please let me know if you get the same problem.

Thanks.

Chris

Investigator

Hi Chris

Ive reinstalled whatsapp and facebook, facebook wont start as it says I dont have a network connection so will have to wait until I get home to check on WIFI, Whatsapp works but still wont download pictures or videos, all other appps work on my data 4g.

Any ideas?

Thanks

by

Thanks for getting back to me @DazzerJones.

Is it possible that the Whatsapp photos aren't downloading because of the data connection strength too?

Is there an area nearby that you know you can get a strong mobile data connection?

Chris

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

What happens if you are sent a picture on whatsapp then? Does it show up at all and allow you to download it or nothing appears till you switch on wifi?

What is your content lock setting? Could be worth checking if it's off.

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security/content-lock/switching-content-lock-on-or-off

Investigator

Hi Chris

It shows it there but it needs downloading as the pic shows, I have also included the whatsapp settings, Not too sure about content lock settings but images used to download but don't now and I haven spoken to anyone to change them.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
by

Hello there @DazzerJones

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you view pictures on other sites?

When did this stop working?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by nimjet
Visitor

Contact EE and ask them to turn OFF or reset your ‘content lock’ settings for your data.

I was having issues with sending and receiving media using WhatsApp and Facebook via 4G on my iPhone5S and the above resolved it.

Good luck!

by

community_champion (1).png

Good Morning @nimjet

Thanks for giving great advice on the community.

As a thank you, I'd love to send you a little prize from the community team.

I've sent you a private message for your details, please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by Lola5
Explorer

Hi,

did this work? I have the same issue now. I spoke to EE yesterday and they thought it might be as issue what what’s ap & insta but it’s gone on for a while now

thanka 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Lola5 

It worked for a number of customers with the same issue!

So I would suggest you follow the example set out above, it should work!

Thanks 👍

BustaCrabb 🦀

by Lola5
Explorer

Great thank you. Is that a way to do this without calling EE?

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Lola5 

Why? Would you need to call EE ?

If you follow the suggested example above, there is no need to call them!

You don't necessarily need to reboot your device either, but can if you wish to do so!

Cheers 👍

BustaCrabb 🦀

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Lola5 

How did you get on ?

We'd love to hear from you! 🤗

Thanks 👍

BustaCrabb 🦀

by Lola5
Explorer

It didn’t work!! It was already set on all access. I’ll
Wait another day of so before calling EE again. It’s very annoying!

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Lola5 

That's strange! 

Anyway, giving CS a call in the morning after 0800 am should help get it resolved for you!

I'm Sorry it didn't work in the way I would have liked, but that's the down side of tech' I'm afriad!

Cheers 👍

BustaCrabb 🦀

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.