by Kelly276 Investigator
Investigator

Help

I recently bought a new pay as you go unlocked phone and with it I was given a free EE micro SIM card. As my old SIM is not a micro, it does not fit in the phone so I am waiting until my credit/extras on that runs out to swap the phone numbers over. The new SIM card came without credit or any extras, and I have not added any myself. However for some reason I  am able to browse the internet on 4g and I was wondering why that is. Should I be able to do this and if not, when I swap numbers and top up my phone will the money for this be taken from that credit?

Thanks in advance for any answers

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Help

@Kelly276  With the new SIM card you get a free 50mb of data.   Have your number migrated to the new SIM card now if your wish as your number/SIM card is your account not the device, so any credit on your account gets moved to the new SIM card.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Kelly276  With the new SIM card you get a free 50mb of data.   Have your number migrated to the new SIM card now if your wish as your number/SIM card is your account not the device, so any credit on your account gets moved to the new SIM card.

by Kelly276 Investigator
Investigator

Okay, thank you so much.

Would swapping SIMs, whilst keeping the credit, still be possible if my old SIM is on Orange and my new one is EE? I was told in an EE store that as they are different I wouldn't be able to swap SIMs and still keep my credit as it wouldn't carry over, so I should wait until I've used it all up and then top up later.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kelly276  There is a maximum amount that you can take across.   It would be best to call customer services just to check and if your under that amount you can also have the number migration started.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Kelly276 the limit is currently £100 for Orange>EE credit migrations. 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.